Elite custom race bottle cage capacity

Mrtennis
Mrtennis Posts: 153
edited October 2013 in MTB buying advice
I'm going to buy one of these bottle cages but need a bottle too, so just wondering whats the biggest i can fit into it? Are any particularly better than others?
Thanks

Comments

• bamba wrote:
    Sorry, must just be me being dumb but I can't see the information on there!
    I'm on my phone looking at it and can't see anything on there now but I had looked at it on my computer before posting my question on here and all I could see was what seemed to be generic information regarding all bottle cages, saying they can fit bottles between 500ml and 1 litre. I didn't get the impression that it was talking specifically about the elite custom race
  • stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    Its the frame that dictates what size bottle you can fit. On some full sus bikes you can struggle to fit in a 500ml bottle.
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,439
    As stubs says, generally all bike bottles are the same diameter, they just change in length so the frame is the limiting factor. I've (briefly) had a litre bottle in my Elite cage, pain in the arris to get out again though.
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • I realised after posting this that I'd posted in the wrong forum, as it's actually for my road bike. But the same question still applies I would have thought. As you say prawny, the bottle cages are all the same diameter. So are you saying the bottles are all the same too and it's the length that will change accordingly, ie 500ml, 750ml, 1l? Like I said it's for my roadie, and I know this is the mtb section but if anyone knows then I'd appreciate it. Otherwise I'll just post the same question in the road forum
  • Length is all that changes
  • Length is all that changes
    OK thanks :). Any bottles in particular that are better than others? Or is a bottle just a bottle? I think my brother seems to like the SiS ones but he's away at the moment so can't ask him particularly why!
  • Get one with a cover for the mouth piece if you're worried about eating on poo.

Otherwise, a bottle is a bottle.
  • prawny
    Elite bottles are my favourite, and they're cheap at decathlon if you don't ming team colours
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    prawny wrote:
    Elite bottles are my favourite, and they're cheap at decathlon if you don't mind minging team colours

Fixed that for you
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • prawny
    Cheers, I did notice as it was posting but I couldn't be arsed. They'd have to pay me to ride around with Movistar ones.
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • chrisw333
    chrisw333 Posts: 695
    The Wiggle bottles are the best I've use in terms of a decent mouthpiece that is nice enough to drink from and doesnt leak.