Danish teams bikes also stolen in Florence.

ademort
ademort Posts: 1,924
edited November 2013 in Pro race
After stealing all the Russian teams bikes on Saturday thieves have struck again. This time 30 bikes and 50 pairs of wheels have been stolen from the Danish team. I think that teams really need to take a look at there security measures or this is just going to continue.In my opinion there must be at least 100K in bikes and parts in many of the team wagons, would it not pay to have a security guard at night for these big events.
ademort
Chinarello, record and Mavic Cosmic Sl
Gazelle Vuelta , veloce
Giant Defy 4
Mirage Columbus SL
Batavus Ventura

Comments

• or just back the wagon up to a brick wall and lock the brakes :roll:
  • ademort
    or just back the wagon up to a brick wall and lock the brakes :roll:

That wont help. All the team wagons have a door on the side. My former brother in law drives a lorry to france every week. At the weekend he and a fellow driver park there wagons back to back so thieves cant get in. That wont work in this case will it.
    ademort
    Gazelle Vuelta , veloce
    Giant Defy 4
    Mirage Columbus SL
    Batavus Ventura
  • nic_77
    nic_77 Posts: 929
    ademort wrote:

That wont help. All the team wagons have a door on the side. My former brother in law drives a lorry to france every week. At the weekend he and a fellow driver park there wagons back to back so thieves cant get in. That wont work in this case will it.

You seem to know a lot about it. Where were you over the weekend / last night?
  • ademort
    Here, in Holland, and you?
    ademort
    Gazelle Vuelta , veloce
    Giant Defy 4
    Mirage Columbus SL
    Batavus Ventura
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    Well get a wagon that doesn't have a side door.

Deserve to have their bikes stolen. Duffuses. :roll:
  • andrewjoseph
    andrewjoseph Posts: 2,165
    RideOnTime wrote:

Nobody deserves to have their bikes stolen.

Unless it is the original owner stealing it from the thief.
    --
    Burls Ti Tourer for Tarmac, Saracen aluminium full suss for trails
  • If they found a courtyard or an L shaped wall, they could park with a wall against the back door and the side door.

I am taking this way too seriously. As you were.
    Correlation is not causation.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,147
    Why don't they just chain a hungry tiger to the truck overnight? No-one's going to mess with a tiger.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • robert-sb
    robert-sb Posts: 118
    Or they could just park it in the tiger enclosure ?
  • RichN95.
    robert-sb wrote:
    Or they could just park it in the tiger enclosure ?
    Exactly. How many bikes were stolen at Knowsley Safari Park at the Tour of Britain? None. The system works.
  • You mean something a bit like this but with better bikes obviously? (although I have my eye on that little lilac number...)

tiger%20bike.JPG

But then these ne'er do wells might be tempted to steal the tigers instead. I bet they're worth more than the bikes to some Saif Gaddafi style wannabe. I see flaws I'm afraid.
  • ademort
    Christ that looks frightening.If i was a thief it would definitely put me off.
    ademort
    Gazelle Vuelta , veloce
    Giant Defy 4
    Mirage Columbus SL
    Batavus Ventura
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,283
    Trouble with tigers is getting the necessary permits for transporting them across international borders, not to mention they cost a fortune in vets bills.

Nobody nicks Radioshack's bikes. Why? Because they lock Jens in the trailer overnight.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • adr82
    adr82 Posts: 4,002
    But then these ne'er do wells might be tempted to steal the tigers instead. I bet they're worth more than the bikes to some Saif Gaddafi style wannabe. I see flaws I'm afraid.
    The obvious solution is to pay someone to sit inside the wagon with a gun all night! Then you can feed the bodies to the tiger in the morning. Everybody wins.
  • Nobody nicks Radioshack's bikes. Why? Because they lock Jens in the trailer overnight.

Now now, we all know that nobody nicks Radioshack's bikes because they look like they belong to the Smurfs.
    adr82 wrote:
    640px-Mike_Los_Pollos_Truck.png

Ah so that's what Big George Hincapie is doing these days.
  • ademort wrote:
    Christ that looks frightening.If i was a thief it would definitely put me off.

And the tiger is pretty scary too! :shock:
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,924
    Some wit on Twitter suggested the British bikes were stolen 'during' the race
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • ademort

Somebody may as well have stolen the riders because they did F@ck all.Even worse is no one would have noticed. :lol:
    ademort
    Gazelle Vuelta , veloce
    Giant Defy 4
    Mirage Columbus SL
    Batavus Ventura
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,441
    Trouble with tigers is getting the necessary permits for transporting them across international borders, not to mention they cost a fortune in vets bills.

Nobody nicks Radioshack's bikes. Why? Because they lock Jens in the trailer overnight.

No, surely it's because they are Treks? (Sorry, too obvious :oops: ).
  • ademort wrote:

how about back it into a perpendicular wall area or drive the coach up along side or...you see what I'm saying ...
  • knedlicky
    knedlicky Posts: 3,097
    Now now, we all know that nobody nicks Radioshack's bikes because they look like they belong to the Smurfs.
    Partway through the Driedaagse (3 Days of West Flanders) at the beginning of March this year, thieves stole 8 Treks as well as some spare rims and bike tools out of the the team truck at night.
    Probably the infamous Smurf Gang.
  • mechanism
    mechanism Posts: 891
    knedlicky wrote:
    Partway through the Driedaagse (3 Days of West Flanders) at the beginning of March this year, thieves stole 8 Treks as well as some spare rims and bike tools out of the the team truck at night.
    Probably the infamous Smurf Gang.

That only happened because the Trek team were using Leopards at the time.
  • skylla
    skylla Posts: 758
    ademort wrote:

Somebody may as well have stolen the riders because they did F@ck all.Even worse is no one would have noticed. :lol:

penny-drops1.jpg
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    RideOnTime wrote:

Nobody deserves to have their bikes stolen.

Unless it is the original owner stealing it from the thief.

No you're right. I was being very silly. Lesson learned. Perhaps weld the doors shut park against an L-shaped wall as suggested.

The Danes do have nice bacon - so I'm doubly upset. Oh, but their pig husbandry isn't so good...
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    Can't they just use Jonathan Tiernan's Lock?
  • Crampeur
    Crampeur Posts: 1,065
    Maybe they were in a bit of a Gabriel Rasch?
  • FJS
    FJS Posts: 4,820
    And again a team's set of bikes stolen, Europcar this time: http://www.sporza.be/cm/sporza/wielrenn ... n_Europcar
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Now Europcar`s bikes have been stolen :roll:
    http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/europca ... opole-tour
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Lampre victim of a robbery. Lol, these people never learn.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/lampre- ... by-robbery
    Contador is the Greatest
  • RichN95.
    Lampre victim of a robbery. Lol, these people never learn.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/lampre- ... by-robbery
    Are they sure it wasn't a police raid?