PX Ti

Supergoose
Supergoose Posts: 1,089
edited October 2013 in Your road bikes
Fed up of plastic.

Id like some carbon clinchers but cant decide which ones to go for. The cheaper the better. :D

l75r.jpg
Rock 'n' Roule

Comments

• diamonddog
    diamonddog Posts: 3,426
    Looks good as it is I wouldn't bother changing to the carbon clinchers. :)
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    You're fed up of plastic and want carbon clinchers? You live in a very confusing world! Like the bike though!
    Faster than a tent.......
  • MountainMonster
    MountainMonster Posts: 7,423
    edited September 2013
    He also has carbon forks.

Bike is quite nice!

Edited because autocorrect messed me up.
  • Wouldn't the very good value PX carbon clinchers be the natural choice?
  • Supergoose
    Supergoose Posts: 1,089
    Wouldn't the very good value PX carbon clinchers be the natural choice?

I had a set of them in the past, whilst they were great for the money I'm not keen on the alloy brake surface from a purely aesthetic point of view. Id like my next pair to be full carbon.
    Rock 'n' Roule
  • I got a set of carbon clinchers from wheelsmith a couple of weeks ago, not cheap but light (1515g the pair) and handbuilt. Only done a couple of hundred miles on them so far but enjoying them a lot.
    I guess if you want cheap then you can plunge into the wonderful world of e-bay and chinese imports - about which I can say nothing because I've not done it myself :¬)
    Music, beer, sport, repeat...
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    blinddrew wrote:
    I got a set of carbon clinchers from wheelsmith a couple of weeks ago, not cheap but light (1515g the pair) and handbuilt. Only done a couple of hundred miles on them so far but enjoying them a lot.
    I guess if you want cheap then you can plunge into the wonderful world of e-bay and chinese imports - about which I can say nothing because I've not done it myself :¬)

Chinese eeeekkk...
  • duckson
    duckson Posts: 961
    blinddrew wrote:
    I got a set of carbon clinchers from wheelsmith a couple of weeks ago, not cheap but light (1515g the pair) and handbuilt. Only done a couple of hundred miles on them so far but enjoying them a lot.

50mm & 23mm (or 24mm?) wide?
    Cheers, Stu
  • blinddrew
    blinddrew Posts: 317
    duckson wrote:
    blinddrew wrote:

50mm & 23mm (or 24mm?) wide?

Yep, very nice they are too. A number of people have mocked me for not getting tubulars but you get too many punctures round this way for that kind of malarky. Obviously not had 'em long enough to comment on long term reliability but so far so good.
    Music, beer, sport, repeat...