Storck Bike sizing

letap73
letap73 Posts: 1,608
edited October 2013 in Road buying advice
A friend has been offered a Storck Fascenario 0.7 frameset (size 51) at a good price but has no idea about Storck sizing. In giving advice I assumed that the top tube of the 51 being 549mm would tally with his height 1.79m (inseam 85cm) and the size of his cannondale (size 54). However, I have noticed that the head tube is incredibly short in comparison to other bikes. I would be grateful for any advice which I could pass onto my friend - hopefully it should more informed than mine. Below is a link to the geometry - which on close inspection appears to suggest that the recommended height range is 1.65-1.72mfor the 51!

http://www.storck-bicycle.de/en/bike-an ... 1&sub=3000

Comments

• proto
    proto Posts: 1,483
    I'm not certain of this so get another opinion, but Storck frames have in-line seat posts, whereas most frames use seat posts with 15 - 25mm set back.

So, your frame of 549mm top tube is equivalent to something like a 530mm top tube, quite a small frame, which would explain the short head tube.
  • letap73
    letap73 Posts: 1,608
    proto wrote:
    I'm not certain of this so get another opinion, but Storck frames have in-line seat posts, whereas most frames use seat posts with 15 - 25mm set back.

So, your frame of 549mm top tube is equivalent to something like a 530mm top tube, quite a small frame, which would explain the short head tube.

Heard the same, however, there is nothing stopping you from putting a setback seat post in - the angle of the seat tube is not too dissimilar to other race bikes - thus you may need a setback post to put you in the appropriate position.
  • domgears
    domgears Posts: 135
    I am also 1.79, I would say the 55, especially based on their recommended heights, most comment that Storcks have a more stretched out position.

The recommendation for a 51 is for 1.65 - 1.72, that's too big a difference to 1.79 IMHO.