Shirking - who's the daddy ?

pinno
pinno Posts: 51,195
edited October 2013 in The bottom bracket
Its 13.18pm and I am not working. Ha ha.

Neither is A77 - he's dreaming of banging Twiglets.

'Retirees' need not bother - their shirking days are over.
seanoconn - gruagach craic!

Comments

• arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260

I've been shirking all morning I'll have you know :wink:

It was only once you arrived that the twiglet shagging thing came about, before that I'd been discussing politics in Cake Shop :shock:

I'm glad you're here, it was a tough morning trying to be sensible :lol:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Can't believe you two are shirking and I'm busy!

More empty cans of iron bru to Pinarello, ASAP!
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • arran77
    seanoconn wrote:
    Can't believe you two are shirking and I'm busy!

More empty cans of iron bru to Pinarello, ASAP!

With age comes experience young padawan :wink:

Give it time and master this shirking thing you will :lol:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424

I aint feckin' retired! I am long term shirking! (seven years and still going strong)

Couldn't respond earlier as I was 'avin a long lunch, I also drank two glasses of red wine and as I dont drink I am now incapable of workin' or shirkin' :D

So feck off!
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • arran77
    team47b wrote:

I aint feckin' retired! I am long term shirking! (seven years and still going strong)

Couldn't respond earlier as I was 'avin a long lunch, I also drank two glasses of red wine and as I dont drink I am now incapable of workin' or shirkin' :D

So feck off!

This sounds like the perfect time to get you fired up and cause some mayhem :lol:

pinarello001 told me that you're too passed it now and all you do is trawl the internet for offers on tofu :shock: What do you make of that retiree!!! :wink: :P

seanoconn
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    Shirking interrupted today by visit to physio, bike ride and work needed in the garden. Business as usual this afternoon with Worlds TT and cricket... Time running out for me as going back to work on Friday...
  • team47b
    mayhem it is then :D
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    Shirking?
    It's not Crunchy Toes that's for sure. He has been working hard.
    He doesn't get enough credit either.
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • arran77
    I see I'm on the early shift today then :lol:

When you lot get out of bed there's shirkin' to be done :wink:

seanoconn
  • daviesee
    Shirking has begun.
    It will be interrupted by work at some points though.
  • arran77
    Welcome on board daviesee :)

I was hoping that some other shirkers might have appeared by now :wink:

Mikey23 where are you, it's your last day of non-work freedom isn't it?

seanoconn
  • daviesee
    I'm here but there's no posts I can really get my teeth into.
    Time to start a new thread maybe.
  • I may be a retiree, but I shirked for 35 years prior to that. Does that count ??? Anyway, I am currently shirking from painting the outside of the house as I have sent Mrs V off to work.....hahahahaha...
  • arran77
    daviesee wrote:
    I'm here but there's no posts I can really get my teeth into.
    Time to start a new thread maybe.

I'm quite enjoying discussing the Californian energy crisis with RC over in cake stop :wink:
    vitesse169 wrote:
    I may be a retiree, but I shirked for 35 years prior to that. Does that count ??? Anyway, I am currently shirking from painting the outside of the house as I have sent Mrs V off to work.....hahahahaha...

That is top quality shirkin', sending the wife off to work :lol:

seanoconn
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    I am semi retired, so can only shirk for 11 hours a week.
  • seanoconn
    I hope to be resuming shirking duties later today
  • arran77
    seanoconn wrote:
    I hope to be resuming shirking duties later today

Please do :)

I have resorted to 'discussing' the Californian energy crisis with RC over in cake stop and even worse 'discussing' Rob Warner and organised mountain bike events with NL over in the phat tyre section :shock:

seanoconn
  • Mikey23
    @arran... Thanks for your concern but no worries. Only have to work 10 to 4 and with a young man whom I get along with really well and who has very mild LD and autism. May go bowling, may go cycling, may go swimming and will go for a meal somewhere. So technically shirking but for dosh, the best kind IMO. And missus still working for big pay. So don't give up on me yet guys, I'm still da king...
  • Mikey23
    And to be fair it's pretty easy to fake a shoulder injury... Just shove a stick up the arm of your t shirt, moan a lot and bingo... Summer's yr own...cushty
  • ballysmate
    How was work Mikey? Plenty of scope for shirking?
  • Mikey23
    Not at all to plan... Friday involved a lot of job seeking as the yoof is really capable of employment rather than being a burden on the state till he dies. So no recreation there just hard work. On Saturday, the other young man was high as a kite and needed all my skill to avoid a full blown riot. Today was getting up early driving to Glastonbury for bikes and back again. So no shirking for three days now.

Fortunately I've got some loafing days now to come. Quite fortunate as I was starting to get deskilled...
  • arran77
    Mikey23 wrote:
    Not at all to plan... Friday involved a lot of job seeking as the yoof is really capable of employment rather than being a burden on the state till he dies. So no recreation there just hard work. On Saturday, the other young man was high as a kite and needed all my skill to avoid a full blown riot. Today was getting up early driving to Glastonbury for bikes and back again. So no shirking for three days now.

Fortunately I've got some loafing days now to come. Quite fortunate as I was starting to get deskilled...

Chris Grayling, justice secretary, was saying this morning on the radio that he plans to make this harder now. If you don't do the 'work' offered to you whilst looking hard for a proper job, your beer / fags / X Box / Sky TV / Maccy D money will be stopped :roll:

seanoconn
  • seanoconn
    arran77 wrote:
    Mikey23 wrote:

Chris Grayling, justice secretary, was saying this morning on the radio that he plans to make this harder now. If you don't do the 'work' offered to you whilst looking hard for a proper job, your beer / fags / X Box / Sky TV / Maccy D money will be stopped :roll:
    Oi! Not a suitable topic for a serious thread about shirking!
  • arran77
    seanoconn wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    Mikey23 wrote:

Yes it is, the :roll: at the end is because as a shirker I think it's unreasonable not to fund the activities of the shirking yoofs :wink:

seanoconn
  • seanoconn
    arran77 wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    Mikey23 wrote:

Yes it is, the :roll: at the end is because as a shirker I think it's unreasonable not to fund the activities of the shirking yoofs :wink:
    You have a point. But we need to find a way to distinguish ourselves (honourable professional shirkers) from the lazy wannabes.
  • daviesee
    You can't be shirking if you don't have a job.
    Obvious, innit?
  • seanoconn
    daviesee wrote:
    You can't be shirking if you don't have a job.
    Obvious, innit?
    The thread for 'special people' is that way >
  • Mikey23
    Back to proper shirking today... after two visits to bike shop, fill up car and clean out rabbit hutch...

Yoof in question was 'statemented' from very early in his life as having learning difficulties and autism. once you have that, there is a benefit passport for life and all the bits that go with it. he lives in a household where he has never seen any work done (not legitimite anyway) so not much of a role model there.
    He is now of an age where he is no longer dependent so mum and dad have lost a large wodge of their weekly dosh (tee hee) so work becomes quite an issue...
  • ballysmate
    Mikey23 wrote:
    Back to proper shirking today... after two visits to bike shop, fill up car and clean out rabbit hutch...

Yoof in question was 'statemented' from very early in his life as having learning difficulties and autism. once you have that, there is a benefit passport for life and all the bits that go with it. he lives in a household where he has never seen any work done (not legitimite anyway) so not much of a role model there.
    He is now of an age where he is no longer dependent so mum and dad have lost a large wodge of their weekly dosh (tee hee) so work becomes quite an issue...

Cleaning rabbit hutch?
    I thought big ears had shuffled off this mortal coil.
  • team47b
    Nah, he'll have loads of spares, they breed like...