Hello from another newbie

jonathanuk
jonathanuk Posts: 67
edited September 2013 in MTB beginners
Only been out twice on my latest shiny bike, enjoying it so far. I have a 2012 Focus Raven 3.0 (29er), which I gather is somewhat of a racing mountain bike if that's not an oxymoron, but that suits my style as when I'm out on my own I tend to go quite fast. I also have a tourer and a hybrid, it was this that led me to a mountain bike as the hybrid wasn't really up to anything more than the simple trails.

I'm not interested in insane downhill or big rocks and technical stuff; slow and steady suits me when it gets tricky, let rip on the open sections. Never the less, I'm planning on buying some knee and elbow pads just in case the trails get the better of me.

Hoping to enjoy the local trails at my own pace. I am lucky to live a stone's throw away from Dalby Forest so I will be riding over there and exploring the myriad of forest roads and trails, as well as the nearby bridleways when the undergrowth isn't too dense!

Comments

• 32 reads and no ones said HI ? hello mate welcome to the forum, you find some good banter, some good advice and unfortunately the spelling police

enjoy
  • slickmouse wrote:
    32 reads and no ones said HI ? hello mate welcome to the forum, you find some good banter, some good advice and unfortunately the spelling police

enjoy

If the spelling police is the worst that I find here, I will be happy! :D

Thanks for the welcome.