My 2012 Corratec CCT Team Ultegra Compact

Big dave 3
Big dave 3 Posts: 304
edited October 2013 in Your road bikes
Not very well known brand from what I gather, but the components seemed good for a decent price at CRC.

IMG_0336.jpg

IMG_0338.jpg

IMG_0339.jpg

IMG_0340.jpg
/

Marin Team HT (customiosed commuter)

Boardman Team HT (customised commuter)

Giant Defy 1 2014.

Ribble Sportive Azzurro

Comments

• Specifications:

Use: Road Race CCT Carbon Technology
    Fork: Corratec CCT Team Fork
    Frame: CCT Carbon Monocoque Technology
    Chainset: Shimano Ultegra 34/50t
    Cassette: 105 – 5700 – 11-28t
    Rear Derailleurs: Shimano Ultegra 10 Speed Grey Rear derailleur
    Shifter: Shimano Ultegra ST-6700 STI
    Brakes: Shimano Ultegra Glossy Grey
    Tyres: Continental RR Grand Prix Folding
    Saddle: Selle Italia XR
    Handlebar: zzyzx
    Stem: zzyzz
    Wheels: DT Swiss R1900
    /

Giant Defy 1 2014.

Ribble Sportive Azzurro
  • This is my first raod bike, so struggling at the moment getting used to it. To be honest, I am faster on my mountain bikes with carbon forks & slicks on, at the moment.

I have ordered a 12 cm stem to replace the 9 cm one and Im currently playing with saddle height & fore/aft position. If this fails I might have to resort to my trusted I-beam seatpost & saddle off my mountain bike.

I am hoping that I will get used to it, as I can't really return it now.
    /

Giant Defy 1 2014.

Ribble Sportive Azzurro
  • lawrences
    lawrences Posts: 1,011
    Looks well specced I must say.

a pair of black pedals wouldn't go amiss though :P.
  • Sublime bike, but those pedals have to go! Please tell us you'll be using Look, Time, or Shimano SPD-SLs........
  • I have bought SPDs & the shoes before for a mountain bike & used them 3 times & couldnt be bothered with them after that. I don't want to be doing that again. I want to make sure I can get on with the road bike first.

I will price up some Look pedals, they have been recommended.
    /

Giant Defy 1 2014.

Ribble Sportive Azzurro
  • diamonddog
    diamonddog Posts: 3,426
    Nice looking bike.
    I think your seat needs levelling and Look are good pedals, Look Easy Pedals are about £35. :)
  • ive gone for some 105 pedals from CRC. They are on offer at the moment. I did look at Look Keo classics but they were about 10 quid + more. I just want something cheap & see how I get on with them before I spend too much.

At the moment I am struggling with the roadie. My commuters seem faster, more comfortable, with better brakes & much better XTR shifting. I am hoping the corratec will grow on me. The moment it hits a rough surface or a hill, it seems to slow it right down
    /

Giant Defy 1 2014.

Ribble Sportive Azzurro
  • The bike doesn't slow down... :-) Nice bike and it's a pretty popular brand, maybe not here in the UK, but in Europe it has some authority on the market :-)
  • I used to commute with an ex colleague who was called Dave, lived in Kent and used massive flat pedals on his commuter & subsequent road bike as he hated clipless pedals! Also referred to his commuter as a "roadie". Spooky.

a 90 to 120mm stem is quite a big leap, maybe try something in between?
  • kamil1891 wrote:
    The bike doesn't slow down... :-) Nice bike and it's a pretty popular brand, maybe not here in the UK, but in Europe it has some authority on the market :-)

OK thats re-assuring to hear that its a popular brand in europe.

I went for first ride in 105 pedals & dhb shoes today. It definitely felt much better.
    /

Giant Defy 1 2014.

Ribble Sportive Azzurro
  • I used to commute with an ex colleague who was called Dave, lived in Kent and used massive flat pedals on his commuter & subsequent road bike as he hated clipless pedals! Also referred to his commuter as a "roadie". Spooky.

a 90 to 120mm stem is quite a big leap, maybe try something in between?

I don't think it was me lol. But my memory is awful :D

The clip in pedals were an improvement, as I found out today, but the big flat pedals are staying on the commuter bikes.

The 120 mm stem seems ok, I suppose I could have tried a 110 mm first, but this one was only a tenner for a ritchey wcs one
    /

Giant Defy 1 2014.

Ribble Sportive Azzurro
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    well held...