The culture show

Frank the tank
Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
edited September 2013 in The cake stop
Last Wednesday evening was great viewing for anyone interested in northern soul. Made me want to go and purchase a pair of 30" bags and Oxford shoes. :D

Just wish me hips were up to it these days. :cry:
Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.

Comments

• rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,218
    Last Wednesday evening was great viewing for anyone interested in northern soul. Made me want to go and purchase a pair of 30" bags and Oxford shoes. :D

Can still go and have some fun, no?
  • I'd love to Rick but dislocation would be a real risk :cry:

The music is still fantastic and anyone who enjoys NS, being in a dance hall and trying to resist the urge to dance is futile.
    Tail end Charlie

• Arse. You've reminded me I was intending to catch up with it on iplayer and I think it's gone now. :x
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,218
    I'd love to Rick but dislocation would be a real risk :cry:

The music is still fantastic and anyone who enjoys NS, being in a dance hall and trying to resist the urge to dance is futile.

Sorry to hear that.

FWIW I think that it might still be worth going. If you really struggle to not dance / risk injury then you can always hesd home.
    I'm sure you'd enjoy the vibe and having those memories come back.

I stumbled on the prog because I'm a Paul Mason fan. Know a few of the tunes. Didn't know it was a scene just like rave.
  • Last Wednesday evening was great viewing for anyone interested in northern soul. Made me want to go and purchase a pair of 30" bags and Oxford shoes. :D

Watched it and though it was excellent.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195

Bollox - no reason why you shouldn't be able to boogie on down. How long has it been since the op Frankie tankie?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!

• Just wish me hips were up to it these days. :cry:

Bollox - no reason why you shouldn't be able to boogie on down. How long has it been since the op Frankie tankie?
    'bout eight month now fella. I'm sure I'd be up to it but I really don't want to find out the hard way. If it weren't for bad luck I wouldn't have any luck at all. :lol: I could dance but I'd want to chuck myself around like I I used to, not really advisable.
    Tail end Charlie

• seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318

'bout eight month now fella. I'm sure I'd be up to it but I really don't want to find out the hard way. If it weren't for bad luck I wouldn't have any luck at all. :lol: I could dance but I'd want to chuck myself around like I I used to, not really advisable.
    Mum had both her hips done within the last year and she's fit to boogie :D

I would advise against body popping though
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195

'bout eight month now fella. I'm sure I'd be up to it but I really don't want to find out the hard way. If it weren't for bad luck I wouldn't have any luck at all*. :lol: I could dance but I'd want to chuck myself around like I I used to, not really advisable.

*Nice reference, but not Northern Soul

My two titanium jobs work just fine in the oingy boingy wiggling department department - just ask Sean's Mum :D
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    seanoconn wrote:

Glad to hear your Mums fit to boogie Sean, you're as young as the woman you feel, right now I feel like a 21 year old :wink: :P
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    arran77 wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:

Glad to hear your Mums fit to boogie Sean, you're as young as the woman you feel, right now I feel like a 21 year old :wink: :P
    Damn, I feel like a 26 year old, you got me there.....

But how does my mum fit into this? :lol:
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    seanoconn wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:

Damn, I feel like a 26 year old, you got me there.....

But how does my mum fit into this? :lol:

Well assuming that you're not about 5 years old, your mum is unlikely to be 21 so she doesn't fit in :)
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn