Reverb Stealth

dazz25
dazz25 Posts: 48
edited September 2013 in MTB buying advice
Hi all,

Does anybody know whats going on with the reverb stealth? Nobody seems to have them in stock and some say discontinued. Is there a new one coming out soon?

Also now i'm ready to buy one I need to figure out what length and drop I need. Is there an easy way to figure this out?

Cheers

Comments

• ej2320
    ej2320 Posts: 1,543
    Not aware of a new version.. May just be that they're manufacturing a new batch and a lot have sold out

You can get 100mm, 125mm or 150mm drop
    It depend on 1. Will a 150mm drop be too high for you fully extended even when inserted fully (measure from you're seatpost collar to the top of the seat post.. If it's 160mm or higher then 150mm is fine or if it's less than 150mm the 150mm dropper will be too high when fully extended)

I hope that makes sense
    And 2. If you have the choice of length after doing what I just said, how low do you want it too be when fully dropped will decide it
  • ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    ej2320 wrote:
    And 2. If you have the choice of length after doing what I just said, how low do you want it too be when fully dropped will decide it
    Might as well go with the longest you can as they come with the little clamp that limits the travel, unless you get an OEM one.
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • ej2320
    ilovedirt wrote:
    ej2320 wrote:
    Might as well go with the longest you can as they come with the little clamp that limits the travel, unless you get an OEM one.

Oh really, I didn't know that.. And personally I would fit the longest possible for the lowest possible position and with the reverb you can always lock it at any height you want
  • ej2320 wrote:
    ilovedirt wrote:
    ej2320 wrote:

Oh really, I didn't know that.. And personally I would fit the longest possible for the lowest possible position and with the reverb you can always lock it at any height you want

I thought the 'enduro collar' restricted how far it dropped, not how far it extends. You need to measure from the top of the seat collar to the top of the seat (not the post) as different seats affect the overall length.Daft question but I presume your frame can take a stealth reverb? :mrgreen:
  • benpinnick
    benpinnick Posts: 4,148
    dazz25 wrote:
    Hi all,

Does anybody know whats going on with the reverb stealth? Nobody seems to have them in stock and some say discontinued. Is there a new one coming out soon?

Also now i'm ready to buy one I need to figure out what length and drop I need. Is there an easy way to figure this out?

Cheers

New stock arriving in the UK on Oct 2.
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • What I want is a 150mm but in non-Stealth mode...might have to go KS dropper
    "Why have that extra tooth if you're not using it?" - Brian Lopes

Votec V.SX Enduro 'Alpine Thug' 2012/2013 build

Trek Session 8
  • The only real 'advantage' of buying the shorter ones is that they weight a few grams less. Like others have said - unless your unusually short go for the longest.
  • Cheers for all of the replies everyone.

Good to hear that there is new stock coming in October.

My current height (collar to top of seat) is 330mm and the seat tube and take up to 280mm so 610mm in total. So it seems that i'd need the 430mm length and 150mm drop. Does this about right?
  • ej2320
    dazz25 wrote:
    Cheers for all of the replies everyone.

My current height (collar to top of seat) is 330mm and the seat tube and take up to 280mm so 610mm in total. So it seems that i'd need the 430mm length and 150mm drop. Does this about right?

On the basis your seat to collar length is a good part higher than 150mm then the 150mm drop will be best
    Unless I've misunderstood

Have you looked on some German sites? They have good stock and I have seen them selling in the £200 range
  • ej2320
    Also for what it's worth I had a play with the droppers at the cycle show and the reverb was by far the smoothest
    (Couldn't find a KS Lev/Integra though)
  • dazz25
    dazz25 Posts: 48
    edited September 2013
    ej2320 wrote:
    dazz25 wrote:
    Cheers for all of the replies everyone.

On the basis your seat to collar length is a good part higher than 150mm then the 150mm drop will be best
    Unless I've misunderstood

Have you looked on some German sites? They have good stock and I have seen them selling in the £200 range

Do you know which sites these are?
  • Just figured out the biggest drop they have on the 30.9mm version is 125mm rather than 150mm.

Looks like i'll have to get the 420x125mm version instead.
  • ej2320
    Sorry, I may have mixed KS and RS up.. I think it's KS that do a 150mm drop

http://www.bike-discount.de/shop/k1170/ ... -left.html
    This has a bleed kit included

I'll post if I find on cheaper as I'm looking get one soon too
  • One thing to consider when choosing drop height is if it will fit you, I have a 125 and it's just about up to the collar in the seat tube on my bike, if that was a 150 it would not fit my inside leg bike frame combo.