wigglw rides

issacforce
issacforce Posts: 112
a question for anyone
wiggle do a long medium and short ride with short being cheaper by a fair bit, wot is to stop u doing the long ride but pay for the short ride

Comments

• simonhead
    simonhead Posts: 1,399
    Honesty
    Life isnt like a box of chocolates, its like a bag of pic n mix.
  • jotko
    jotko Posts: 457
    Your official time will be a bit embarrasing....
  • Are not the numbers a different colour for each route? I seem to remember they were on the Cat?
  • b4ssy
    b4ssy Posts: 27
    If you're that way inclined, why pay at all?
  • I've only done Northern Angel, I did the short route after paying for the medium one. My number was the same colour as others who had only paid for the short.
  • issacforce wrote:
    a question for anyone
    wiggle do a long medium and short ride with short being cheaper by a fair bit, wot is to stop u doing the long ride but pay for the short ride
    Why would anyone even think of doing that? What price difference is it between the long and the short, about £4 ! I'd just be embarressed to even think of doing it! :?
  • The main issue I have with the pricing is the lack of flexibility, I mean with Evans I could sign up for the 60 mile route and then decide half way around I actually want to do the 90 mile route, it's no problem, I just tell them when I get back to the finish I've done the longer route.

Now what if I wanted to that this weekend in Hexham, I've paid for the short but the longer is more expensive, now I *could* just ride the longer route, but then that's "riding without paying" which I don't want to do, but it's not like there's someone at the junction ready to take the extra £10 off me.
  • £10 is the difference ,
  • The main issue I have with the pricing is the lack of flexibility, I mean with Evans I could sign up for the 60 mile route and then decide half way around I actually want to do the 90 mile route, it's no problem, I just tell them when I get back to the finish I've done the longer route.

Now what if I wanted to that this weekend in Hexham, I've paid for the short but the longer is more expensive, now I *could* just ride the longer route, but then that's "riding without paying" which I don't want to do, but it's not like there's someone at the junction ready to take the extra £10 off me.
    Why did you not sign up for the longer one then? Seems to me you're having a go at the series due to your indecision when entering. It's like ordering a half then going back to the bar to moan that you wanted a pint!
  • issacforce wrote:
    a question for anyone

Technically nothing, it's just not cricket you tightwad.
  • Its got nowt to do with being tight, i jst think its ik as long as u dont use feedstations, i could pay nothing and ride the route anyway
  • issacforce wrote:
    Its got nowt to do with being tight, i jst think its ik as long as u dont use feedstations, i could pay nothing and ride the route anyway

The feeds are irrelevant, you are paying to participate in the event with the other riders. Of course you could ride the route but I am sure those that have paid would prefer you did it on a different day.
  • Why should i give up riding on my local rds , because some company wants to make a profit off me to ride the roads i ride every week, but they come once a year,im not giving them my money to ride roads idoallyear round
  • simonhead
    simonhead Posts: 1,399
    issacforce wrote:
    Why should i give up riding on my local rds , because some company wants to make a profit off me to ride the roads i ride every week, but they come once a year,im not giving them my money to ride roads idoallyear round
    That's not what you asked
    Life isnt like a box of chocolates, its like a bag of pic n mix.
  • I no the ? Was payingfor short ride but doing long one, but it gets out of hand as with most things, look at this years wiggle angel short ride was 62 mile medium 80 long 94 but difference between 62 and 80 was £10, that was point i was making.
  • gethinceri
    gethinceri Posts: 1,515
    Do what you like, live with your own conscience.
    I pay to ride sportives.
  • Oh no not live with my own conscence gag . Gud 4 u
  • If your on about Hexham there were so free loaders when I was at the second feed station so yes, it does happen and no the staff don't seem to care. For the record I paid for and did the Epic, was tempted to skip the Epic loop but the descent to Edmundbuyers had me buzzing for the rest of the course. I think Bale Hill/Meadows Edge must have triggered endurorush.
    I used to just ride my bike to work but now I find myself going out looking for bigger and bigger hills.
  • Tony Mc
    Tony Mc Posts: 180
    If your on about Hexham there were so free loaders when I was at the second feed station so yes, it does happen and no the staff don't seem to care. For the record I paid for and did the Epic, was tempted to skip the Epic loop but the descent to Edmundbuyers had me buzzing for the rest of the course. I think Bale Hill/Meadows Edge must have triggered endurorush.

We did the Epic and have to say it was hard work but i know what you mean about the ride into Edmundbuyers completed it for our first centruy so knackered Yes. but satisfied
    Getting there