How do you fit a Zefal Cyclop mirror ?

MadammeMarie
MadammeMarie Posts: 621
edited September 2013 in Commuting general
Dear fellow cyclists:

I'm trying to fit in a Zefal Cyclop mirror to my handlebars, and what is a very straight forward procedure that a 5 year old can do, I'm at the end of my tether with this!!! This is the third mirror I fit since I bought the bike, and I'm pretty good with tools. Not exactly a novice!

Have any of you fitted one of these to your handlebars? That little cone that you have to insert in the bracket, how do you make the f***ing thing stay inside the bracket and not come loose when you insert the screw? It doesn't matter how hard I push it in, it WON'T F***ING STAY!! Any ideas? Would I break the whole thing if I try a hammer??? :lol:

These are the mirrors I'm talking about (the HAD to be bloody french!!!!).

Zefal-Cyclops-Rear-View-Bike-Mirror.jpg

I can't return it because I bought it centuries ago, can't even remember where, so I'm stuck with it. :|

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thank you.

Comments

• lc1981
    lc1981 Posts: 820
    I'm trying to fit in a Zefal Cyclop mirror to my handlebars...

I think I've spotted where you're going wrong. :P
  • I haven't used one of these, but have fitted a couple of other brand mirrors. It's difficult to tell from your description, but are you trying to fit the screw when the bracket and cone are already in the handlebars?

Just put the cone flat ('pointing' upwards) on a table, press the bracket onto it, put the screw in and tighten it just enough to grip the cone and then insert it all into your handlebars and tighten it properly.
  • Kamiokande, you genius! :-) Mirror fitted now. Thanks!
  • guinea
    guinea Posts: 1,177
    Oh man, you nearly escaped.

Now you have a mirror on your bike.

Are you going to get one for your helmet too?
  • guinea wrote:
    Oh man, you nearly escaped.

I'm a woman...
    Now you have a mirror on your bike.

Are you going to get one for your helmet too?

No, just one side of the handlebars. I need it, I find it difficult sometimes to turn around.