Vernon Barker Cycles

welshkev
welshkev Posts: 9,690
edited October 2013 in MTB general
I sent my frame off 3 weeks ago to have a small crack repaired. it was done Monday of this week, which I paid for on Monday, they said that the frame would be shipped out Wednesday (they don't work Tuesdays but still don't get why they couldn't have done it Monday after it was done :? )

as of now I still have no frame. anyone else had any dealings with them?

am I just caught up in the 'I want it now' culture, or is waiting 4 days after you've paid for something acceptable?

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    welshkev wrote:
    I sent my frame off 3 weeks ago to have a small crack repaired. it was done Monday of this week, which I paid for on Monday, they said that the frame would be shipped out Wednesday (they don't work Tuesdays but still don't get why they couldn't have done it Monday after it was done :? )

am I just caught up in the 'I want it now' culture, or is waiting 4 days after you've paid for something acceptable?
    so you paid on monday. when would they have seen that they had been paid? wednesday?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • j_l
    j_l Posts: 425
    Maybe the courier had been before the repair was done, our regular courier only collects once a day at 14.00 so if we miss him its the following day.

4 days isn't long to wait and looking at their website they don't look overly hi-tech, I had a frame repaired once by Dave Russell cycles in Slough (long gone I would have thought) took him 6 weeks :roll: :lol: , thing is we are all just used to the Amazon / CRC next day shizzle 8)
    I'm not old I'm Retro
  • welshkev
    nicklouse wrote:
    welshkev wrote:

so you paid on monday. when would they have seen that they had been paid? wednesday?

I paid by bank transfer, he phoned me Monday afternoon to say that the payment had gone through.
  • Have you rung them to ask where it is?
    Too-ra-loo-ra, too-ra-loo-rye, aye

Giant Trance
    Radon ZR 27.5 Race
    Btwin Alur700
    Merida CX500
  • welshkev
    Have you rung them to ask where it is?

feckers!!! they've just called me back - they posted it yesterday and it won't be here til Monday grrrrrrrr

I've got a pass to go riding all day sunday too :x
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    The obvious answer is n+1.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • welshkev
    cooldad wrote:

yeah I've got the downhill bike so a trip to cwmcarn will be done. I wanted to go to BPW though. ah well, it's still a day out on the bike :lol:
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    welshkev wrote:

feckers!!! they've just called me back - they posted it yesterday and it won't be here til Monday grrrrrrrr

sounds about right. issue packing order. packed next day. when packed book courier collection. so out on thursday.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • welshkev wrote:
    cooldad wrote:

yeah I've got the downhill bike so a trip to cwmcarn will be done. I wanted to go to BPW though. ah well, it's still a day out on the bike :lol:

whats wrong with the dh trails at bike park wales?
  • welshkev
    welshkev wrote:
    cooldad wrote:

whats wrong with the dh trails at bike park wales?

I don't want to pay a fiver to park, then £3.50 an uplift and that's if I can get on. at CC I can park for free and push up if I have to
  • welshkev
    nicklouse wrote:
    welshkev wrote:

sounds about right. issue packing order. packed next day. when packed book courier collection. so out on thursday.

yeah perhaps i'm just expecting too much in this day and age of I want it now. they seem like top guys too, really helpful and friendly.
  • You can push at bike park wales. The push is no worse than cwmcarn but the trails are better. Cwmcarn sucks hairy dog balls
  • welshkev
    You can push at bike park wales. The push is no worse than cwmcarn but the trails are better. Cwmcarn sucks hairy dog balls

yeah I know that, but it's 10 mins from my house rather than 30 mins and I like cc :)
  • I guess someone has to like Cwmcarn.
    That track really needs some maintenance to get it back to how it used to be.
  • welshkev
    I guess someone has to like Cwmcarn.
    That track really needs some maintenance to get it back to how it used to be.

That's why I like the track, it feels like mountain biking used to be before all the smooth manicured trails started appearing
  • I like gnarly trails. I dont like braking bumps in flat out straights of jumps with nothing left of the lips.
    Its a very high speed track and the braking bumps just make it unpleasant to ride.
    And it seems impossible to get a clear run without getting held up.
  • welshkev
    still no frame...what time does the post come? :x
  • welshkev
    frame came back eventually, weld is good, frame is left a bit shitty and the seat post is really tight to get in.

other than that I have a bike to ride :lol: