Blank Pages

meanredspider
meanredspider Posts: 12,337
Recently I've been getting quite a few blank pages loading on here on my iPad (latest IOS). Mostly it's just been on this forum but I've actually had it a couple of times on Yahoo today too. Anybody else getting this or any clues as to why these pages aren't displaying properly?
ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH

Comments

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Getting a lot of error messages on this forum recently, but not blank. That's on a PC.
  • Veronese68 wrote:
    Getting a lot of error messages on this forum recently, but not blank. That's on a PC.

That maybe the way the two different browsers deal with it....
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • Yeah, I've been getting it on the Mac and my iPhone. Site updates?
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    I see that too. Clearing cookies & history clears it but that might just be coincidence.
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    This has been happening to me on Chrome, IE and Android.
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • Velonutter
    Velonutter Posts: 2,437
    Its been happening for a while and BR are aware as it has got progressively worse, it has been escalated to the IT Team.
  • Jeff Jones
    Jeff Jones Posts: 1,865
    Note: there's a lot of development work being done at the moment which will improve all aspects of the site. That might lead to things going a bit wrong in the interim but if they do, please let us know and we'll make sure they're fixed.

You should notice browsing and reading articles (not sure about forum posts) is a bit faster now. That should improve more over the next month.
    Jeff Jones

Product manager, Sports
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Been happening a lot to me as well on both a PC using Firefox and the ipad as well, seems you have to close the internet and go back in for things to be ok?
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • Jeff Jones
    Jeff Jones Posts: 1,865
    arran77 wrote:
    Been happening a lot to me as well on both a PC using Firefox and the ipad as well, seems you have to close the internet and go back in for things to be ok?
    Is it still happening (today)?
    Jeff Jones

Product manager, Sports
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    i had noticed a forum speed up from yesterday afternoon. but there is still sporadict 500 errors and blank pages. much reduced though.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • arran77
    Jeff Jones wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    Is it still happening (today)?

Haven't noticed it so far today, certainly yesterday it was happening a lot, I'll let you know if it happens again.
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • Velonutter
    Only had two white pages this morning so certainly seems better.
  • nicklouse
    seems to have slowed up again.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
  • arran77
    Blank pages again using an iPad, bit frustrating now :?

seanoconn
  • Velonutter
    White pages have been better today, I've only had about 6!
  • I had a lot of white pages on my phone (Android) earlier in the week, it got to a point that I couldn't access the forum at all... On work computer (Chrome) I get a message telling me the page failed to load or something quite often, although perhaps not in the last couple of days...
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    new one earlier today - although it restricted access to the whole site

403 forbidden....
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Playing up again today. Difference being if I go back a page and try again it tends to work now, last week it would be out for a while. Done it 3 or 4 times so far.
  • Velonutter
    Jeff I'm getting on average 6-8 a day now, there has been an improvement but it is still not brilliant.
  • nicklouse
    getting a whole pile of them this evening.
  • Velonutter
    Absolutely horrendous today Jeff, one after the other, does the IT team know what is causing it?