The new commute so far

matt581
matt581 Posts: 219
edited September 2013 in Commuting general
So this week was my first week of the new bike commute (due to circumstances i will now be cycling everyday)

15 miles each way, Yate to Avonmouth. I was dubious at first due to not having a shower at work. But having one before i leave then a wash down and change when i get there is fine ( i still smell better them some work colleagues).

Legs were a bit tired this morning, i have only been in work Wednesday to Friday this week so it was good to ease in gently.

All in all, its been fun and the route isn't to bad, around filton and Abbey wood can be a bit annoying.

Not a lot of point to this post but if anyone is worried about the no shower thing i can confirm it is workable,

Comments

• CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    A lot of us face the no shower issue. A flannel, a squirty soap dispenser and the sink in the usually more spacious disabled loo is the answer. Like you say, we're probably cleaner than some of our colleagues after a good strip wash. And there's a lot to be said for being nekked at work occasionally. :)
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    baby wipes are always a good for those that dont have showers.
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • They have a shower at work but I don't use it. I change my top and squirt the armpits and that's all.
  • matt581
    matt581 Posts: 219
    If i had a shower i would definitely use it.
  • No shower here either but I've found its no issue at all. Wearing the right cycling gear helps as it wicks the sweat away from your body so you don't stink. My jersey may pong but I've never found that my body did.

Anyway baby wipes on face & pits then spray is enough I find.

I'm not sure that would work with normal clothes on the commute though.