Let's See Your Canyons!

triban
triban Posts: 149
edited December 2013 in Your road bikes
Mine won't be here until at least week one :( and although i've patiently been waiting since friday, i now need a hit!

gimmie! :D

http://www.canyon.com/_en/roadbikes/bike.html?b=3240 (the yellow / black one)

Comments

• dwanes
    dwanes Posts: 954
    It won't be here till when? week one, next year?
  • triban
    dwanes wrote:
    It won't be here till when? week one, next year?

Sorry! i've gotten used to using week numbers since researching / ordering from Canyon!

Yes, week one is the first week of January 2014...
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Looks good and it's got a proper group set on it too :wink:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • triban
    I've never used campag before, but it looks beautiful and i figured i like the thumb shifting on my Sora so i should get on OK with it.
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    Thumb shifting on campagnolo is a different world to thumb shifting with sora. Not least you can do it very comfortably from the drops.
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • gjt
    gjt Posts: 38
    Here you go......Canyon Ultimate AL 9. All parts as stock except the saddle (also cages/ lights etc).

Love the bike and have slowly been clocking up the miles since April. It's my first road bike and it took a couple of rides to get used to it but after a bit of tinkering it's now set up perfectly. It's also my second Canyon and I can't fault them, the quality of their bikes is excellent and when I've needed to speak to them they have always been more than helpful.

9930624175_c03836f4d6.jpg

The Ultimate CF looks lovely, bet you can't wait to get it.....not sure I could deal with a three month wait :)
  • triban
    looking good gjt!

and it's nice to hear from another happy customer. i was a bit nervous about ordering from them, but just about every forum i've read is filled with positive feedback about the bikes.
  • 2011 Ultimate AL
    Dura Ace 7900
    Mavic SLR's
    DSCF8219_zps15ee4dd6.jpg
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • lawrences
    lawrences Posts: 1,011
    You're knowingly waiting 3 months for a bike?
  • triban
    lawrences wrote:
    You're knowingly waiting 3 months for a bike?

i am, although it does sound odd when you put it like that :wink:

it's coming up to winter now, so my mileage will probably take a hit anyway and i've got a bike to be keeping me busy in the meantime. Hopefully it's worth the wait!
  • guinea
    guinea Posts: 1,177
    bike.jpg
  • Got to say that is a stunning machine but why are your hoods so high? Looks awesome, then you get to the handlebars! saddle looks very far forward too. Is it the right size?
  • narbs
    narbs Posts: 593
    triban wrote:
    Mine won't be here until at least week one :( and although i've patiently been waiting since friday, i now need a hit!

Can't wait to see it. Can't decide at the moment between the black/graphite or black/yellow.

Also only want the frameset which they refuse to say if they're going to sell separately. If not, the alternative is to get the 105 version and strip and sell the groupset and wheels.
  • 2013 Ultimate CF 9.0 (size 58) with the addition of: Specialized Romin Pro saddle, Specialized Roubaix bar tape, carbon Ultegra pedals, Elite bottle cages, Garmin 500 and steerer tube chopped.

It's a joy to ride.

IMG_6523_zpsa5f75e3b.jpg
  • triban
    narbs wrote:
    triban wrote:

Can't wait to see it. Can't decide at the moment between the black/graphite or black/yellow.

Also only want the frameset which they refuse to say if they're going to sell separately. If not, the alternative is to get the 105 version and strip and sell the groupset and wheels.

i'm sure they will be selling the framset only at some point, but considering the price of the 105 model, you' might be better off buying that, stripping it and selling off the parts.

what do you plan to put on it?

PS. thanks everyone for the pics, loving the look of these bikes! :D
  • 9946661664_092f1d52dc_c.jpg
  • I love mine.

dawheels.jpg

It works too.

swindonrr.jpg
  • narbs
    triban wrote:
    narbs wrote:
    triban wrote:
    i'm sure they will be selling the framset only at some point, but considering the price of the 105 model, you' might be better off buying that, stripping it and selling off the parts.

what do you plan to put on it?

PS. thanks everyone for the pics, loving the look of these bikes! :D

Yeah, I'm just trying to avoid the hassle of selling but it wouldn't put me off!

Going to take the new Campag Chorus off my Wilier Izoard, sell that frame for whatever I can get and transfer the Campag over to the Canyon.
  • arran77
    d5dw.jpg
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • triban
    arran77 wrote:
    d5dw.jpg

well... that took more posts than expected! :wink:
  • arran77
    triban wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    d5dw.jpg

well... that took more posts than expected! :wink:

That's what I thought too :lol:

seanoconn
  • You're meant to be posting pictures of your canyon not a canyon.
  • arran77
    You're meant to be posting pictures of your canyon not a canyon.

Oh sorry silly me I misunderstood :wink:

seanoconn
  • arran77 wrote:

Oh dear I suspect the next photo might be that of Arran's anus...
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • arran77
    arran77 wrote:

You want to see that :shock:

Each to their own I guess, PM on it's way :wink:

seanoconn
  • arran77 wrote:
    arran77 wrote:

You want to see that :shock:

Each to their own I guess, PM on it's way :wink:

2nd Dibs
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • narbs
    Bumping this as the CF SL framset only is now available.

Does anyone know what the stock stem length is for a M frame?

Also, am I correct in assuming I can just buy some Ultra Torque press-fit adapters to fit my existing Chorus chainset?
  • 2011 Ultimate AL
    Dura Ace 7900
    Mavic SLR's
    DSCF8219_zps15ee4dd6.jpg

Ooooh I like that ... Good work fella :)
    Still thinking of something clever to say!