Thieving Scumbags - x4

oldhairylegs
oldhairylegs Posts: 220
edited September 2013 in The cake stop
So my youngest lad came home from uni back in June and slotted into a couple of part time jobs that would involve a commute, for which he borrows his Mum's nice Specialized Sirrus bike to make the trips. Two weeks in and some scumbag crops through the heavy duty chain securing it to a railing at the gym where he works right under some receptionist's nose - she didn't see a thing. Strike one. :cry:

House insurance duly replaced the bike (Co Op insurance were excellent) and a few weeks later a shiny new one arrives. Lad says he won't be using it for the gym job commute to be on the safe side, but he uses it for his other job..... at Wiggle. Oh the irony (and who should I blame?) when a few weeks later: strike two. Some scumbag rocks up and chops through the big cable lock and rides off on the shiny new bike that had been ridden precisely once by its owner. All captured on CCTV but scumbags know very well how to use a hoodie to cover their scumbag features. Insurance claim for this one is ongoing, but Co Op seem to be dealing with it all ok so far. :cry::cry:

Three days later and my daughter is on the phone blubbing. Some $h1t house has cut through both locks on her nice Scott Sportster that she uses for her work commute in London and we had bought her for Christmas last year. She had no insurance and once again the CCTV footage was useless. Strike three. :cry::cry::cry:

Then the icing on the cake last week when lad returns to uni in Liverpool. After going out with housemates for a beer, they return to find their house has been broken into and the bike he was using for getting into uni, a Carrera lent to him when he went away - yes you guessed it, by his Mum, has been taken, together with his mate's laptop (complete with two year's work on it) and some other things besides. All vanished and nobody saw a thing. Strike four
:cry::cry::cry::cry:

Words fail me.
WTF?

Comments

• capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,939

Words fail me.
    WTF?

They don't fail me but I know if I used those words on here to express what I thought of them, I would get a ban. Sorry to hear of your losses.

I'm for the rehabilitation of criminals through the rather controversial route of reincarnation.

The older I get, the better I was.

• monkimark
    monkimark Posts: 1,460
    edited September 2013
    Wiggle don't have secure bike parking? That's a bit crap.

I like the reincarnation solution, slugs can't use bolt croppers.
  • That is some pretty bad luck. I have been burdened with many thefts in the past, however, never 4 back to back like you have just experienced. Must be pretty gutting!
  • Always good to back up work on a laptop
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Always good to back up work on a laptop

lvuo.jpg
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • Words fail me. I have a deep down hate for people like that.

What we need is more people like this;

• diamonddog
    diamonddog Posts: 3,426
    Capt Slog wrote:
    I'm for the rehabilitation of criminals through the rather controversial route of reincarnation.

+1 for this^^
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,158
    diamonddog wrote:
    Capt Slog wrote:

+1 for this^^
    I disagree, only in so far as they deserve some 'Pulp Fiction' style treatment in prison first.

(Awaits wet blanket liberals to chime in about how the crims are misunderstood/haven't had a chance in life etc). Well F*** 'em.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo 666 wrote:
    diamonddog wrote:
    Capt Slog wrote:

+1 for this^^
    I disagree, only in so far as they deserve some 'Pulp Fiction' style treatment in prison first.

(Awaits wet blanket liberals to chime in about how the crims are misunderstood/haven't had a chance in life etc). Well F*** 'em.
    Sometimes on seeing a comment you just wish there was a 'like' button. :D
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,158
    shortcuts wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    diamonddog wrote:
    Capt Slog wrote:

+1 for this^^

Sometimes on seeing a comment you just wish there was a 'like' button. :D
    Why thank you sir.

I usually find honesty is the best policy. And occasionally flushes out a few wet blanket liliberals to play with :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    In Liverpool you say?
    Bet that has never happened before. :wink:

Not any consolation but someone had to say it.
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.