Psychometric test practice

ddraver
ddraver Posts: 26,385
edited September 2013 in The cake stop
Hey

I ve been sent one of those flipping psychometric test things for a job application. Does anyone know where I can find some practice ones? I ve only found one site with free ones and Ive done all them. I need to practice the maths ones a bit as I ve got lazy with it and it takes me ages to do the simplest ones, the others I'm not so bad with...

Cheers
DaveK

Edit - sorry, this one - http://www.practiceaptitudetests.com/ps ... ric-tests/
We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
- @ddraver

Comments

• city_boy
    city_boy Posts: 1,616
    Is it a psychometric test to determine your personality profile or more of any aptitude test to determine your academic/lateral thinking abilities?
    Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarves are not happy.
  • tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552
    The only advice I ve ever had on these. Is go for the most determined option which fits your view.

Ie if 1 = Strongly agree
    2= agree
    3= neither agree nor disagree
    4= disagree
    5= Strongly disagree

Then go for 1 or 5 depending on your view. Don't choose middle ground or vague options.
  • ddraver
    No idea City boy, it's from PLI if that helps...?

"Predictive Index®, a scientifically validated behavioral assessment that can be used to identify opportunities for selection and development." according to their e-mail
    - @ddraver
  • city_boy
    city_boy Posts: 1,616
    Sounds like a psychometric test to determine personality traits and typical behaviours in work based scenarios.
    If this is the case then it's not something you could (or should) practice.

The best advice is to work through the questions fairly quickly and go with your first choice answer. Don't try to over think the questions and be honest. Answer based on what you would do/think in the given situation and don't try to base your answer on what you think 'they' want to hear. These tests a very clever and have mechanisms built in to identify when you are not being entirely truthful!!

Don't worry though, the test are actually quite good and pretty accurate and certainly nothing to fear. Grab yourself a brew, find a quiet place to do the tests where you won't be disturbed, relax and just be honest with your answers.

Best of luck Dave, hope you get the job.
    Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarves are not happy.
  • ddraver
    Ok, that's reassuring, cheers CityBoy!
    - @ddraver
  • GiantMike
    GiantMike Posts: 3,139
    They're largely irrelevant and your interview should have a lot more weight than the results of a test that you will inadvertently skew by trying to tell them what they want to hear. I wouldn't get too worried about the 'test', it's not really something you can do anything else about.