The rice pudding conundrum

pinno
pinno Posts: 51,197
edited September 2013 in The bottom bracket
In a copper base pot, I cooked some rice pudding very slowly, adding milk at every important juncture. I cooked it unil it was a soft creamy texture (probably as soft as Ninas noorks).

I froze some of it - the small remainder. Then upon defrosting/microwaving the stuff, I discovered that it needs more milk as its quite dry. Why? What heppened?
seanoconn - gruagach craic!

Comments

• navrig
    navrig Posts: 1,352
    You must have missed a juncture. You underestimate how important junctures are. Without all your junctures you would not be able to function properly.

Aldi are doing their quarterly sale of junctures next Thursday. Get in quick as they sell out by lunchtime when rice pudding demand is at its highest.
  • While you tucked into that bowl full of ricey delight the small amount left in the pot would have continued to lose some moisture to evaporation and the rice would have absorbed some more of the liquid while it lost heat. You needed to add moisture back in to get it back to the consistency and texture you prefer, and by the sound of it that's exactly what you did. Some people would have just put up with stodgy pudding or just fed it to the dog.

I love rice pudding. Haven't had it for ages come to think of it. I bake mine though. And I put raisins in it. And cinnamon. And vanilla pod. And I really want some now.
  • navrig
    Needs to have that caramalised skin on top though.

People think it is an unhealthy pudding but made with semi-skim it isn't.
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    I've stumbled into an alternative forum universe, I think it's the Scottish Women's Institute :shock:

Now that I'm here ladies can anyone recommend a decent meringue recipe, I like them to be nicely peeked but with a pliable texture that I can really get my teeth into.

Nigella has a good recipe but I find hers are just a little too large for me :wink:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • My wife is in the Scottish Women's Rural Institute and I'll have you know her rice pudding is sh1t.
  • arran77
    Now I'm no Heston but I think there in lies your wife's problem, there should be no sh1t in rice pudding :P
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • pinno
    My wife is in the Scottish Women's Rural Institute and I'll have you know her rice pudding is sh1t.

Michty me, i'll steer well clear o' that.

What does that lot get up to exactly ? Top Trumps with knitting needle cards? Speed darning? Thumb excercises? How to wear the trewsers?
  • navrig
    My wife is in the Scottish Women's Rural Institute and I'll have you know her rice pudding is sh1t.

What does that lot get up to exactly ? Top Trumps with knitting needle cards? Speed darning? Thumb excercises? How to wear the trewsers?

They are well known in the dogging areas around Glasgow (allegedly).
  • pinno
    Navrig wrote:

They are well known in the dogging areas around Glasgow (allegedly).

Waaah, waaah waaah, we want pics, waaah, waaah, waaah..and an exact location....waaaaaaah
  • What does that lot get up to exactly ?

I don't know, I refuse to get drawn into gang culture.
  • pipipi
    pipipi Posts: 332
    Does rice pudding make a suitable glue?

I have some superb decals that I want to post a photo of, but I just can't make them stick...
  • pinno
    pipipi wrote:

I have some superb decals that I want to post a photo of, but I just can't make them stick...

Not another one suckered into pages of research, but no pics !?!

Its was epic and still is.

Where the bloody hell are those pics Navrig ?
  • navrig
    pipipi wrote:

Let me go and speak to my confidant.

Unfortunately she is not available just now......

...... she is in Glasgow Royal getting her varicose veins done. The surgeon decided they may as well sort her haemorroids at the same time so she wont be home until next week.

(If you search Youp0rn for dizzie lizzie from Easterhouse you'll find her)
  • arran77
    Navrig wrote:
    pipipi wrote:

...... she is in Glasgow Royal getting her varicose veins done. The surgeon decided they may as well sort her haemorroids at the same time so she wont be home until next week.

They must be some haemorroids :shock:

If you need someone to join you in your dogging, pinarello001 may have someone he could pimp out to you :wink:

seanoconn
  • pinno
    Navrig wrote:
    pipipi wrote:

Seen too much of Glasgow Royal.

You're from Easterhouse ?!?! What a gorgeous suburb, you lucky b4stard.

PS - Are you shirking Navrag ?
  • navrig
    I'm not from Easterhouse. Lizzie is.

Shirking from what?
  • pinno
    Navrig wrote:

Shirking from what?

Sorry. Deep humble apologies. I didn't think. I forgot that there is no work in East Lothain.
  • navrig
    Navrig wrote:

Shirking from what?

Sorry. Deep humble apologies. I didn't think. I forgot that there is no work in East Lothain.

Probably more (legitimate) work than Easterhouse.

Nice roads though (if you manage to weave around the potholes).

Which part of the proud nation do you hail from?
  • pinno
    That farqing anus that forms part of the most southerly point in Scotland. It's full of Galloway Irish - the vernacular is odd.
    Translate:

"Dinny yew ge me a heeght o' cheek 'cos ye'll be fair skunnered when a' ge yew a crack roon the lugs 'an yer weans are a' fuk wits, whit ye sayin' wi yer mooth?".

There's no farqing work here either. Or as my scouse mate says "There's know farqing waerk 'ere".
  • arran77

"Dinny yew ge me a heeght o' cheek 'cos ye'll be fair skunnered when a' ge yew a crack roon the lugs 'an yer weans are a' fuk wits, whit ye sayin' wi yer mooth?".

:? :? :?

Ah hae absolutely nae idea whit ye ur discussin' mah guid cheil, please use th' queens sassenach! as an aside whaur woods a body buy th' best haggis fur a tatties an' neebs ceilidh wi' some chums?

seanoconn