Apple iPhone 5s dummies

junglist_matty
junglist_matty Posts: 1,731
edited October 2013 in The bottom bracket
Idiots on eBay are paying £1000 for iPhone 5s's!!!!!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Apple-iPhone- ... 3cd606c416

39 sold!

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Too many impatient kids with too much money

And I was expecting the same when I read the title ;)
  • nicklouse wrote:

Yeah, I read that from here the other day, found it hilarious, but seemingly sums up the lunacy of the serious Apple iPhone fans!
  • Apparantley some 17yr old kid camped outside an Apple shop since 4pm Monday was the first to get a gold iPhone 5s, he claimed some were offering up to £5000 for his place in the queue, but he would only consider offers of £10k!

Imagine turning down £5000 for 4 nights camped outside a shop just so you can say "I'm the first in the UK to have it"....What a twit
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    Some of my sons mates queued till midnight for GTA5 ... Never mind the fact that they ain't old enough to buy it. Whenever one of those key games come out, the college absentee rate rockets the next day. Sad innit
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,207
    Someone was stabbed and robbed of their version of GTA5 on their way back from buying it. It's not just kids either, a mate of mine is a detective sergeant and he queued at midnight for the release of Modern Warfare 2 - there were still loads of copies available the next morning!

With all these things I don't get it. I'm pretty impatient when I've decided to buy something but would never queue up outside a closed shop for anything. My sister's ex-boyfriend put a deposit down on a Merecedes SLK when they first came out and then sold his place on the waiting list for a lot of money.
  • Pross wrote:
    Someone was stabbed and robbed of their version of GTA5 on their way back from buying it. It's not just kids either, a mate of mine is a detective sergeant and he queued at midnight for the release of Modern Warfare 2 - there were still loads of copies available the next morning!

With all these things I don't get it. I'm pretty impatient when I've decided to buy something but would never queue up outside a closed shop for anything. My sister's ex-boyfriend put a deposit down on a Merecedes SLK when they first came out and then sold his place on the waiting list for a lot of money.

I walked into Tesco and bought it at lunch time on release day. Were dozens of copies there. Why do people queue for days for something which is going to be common as muck less than 24 hrs later?
  • Apparantley some 17yr old kid camped outside an Apple shop since 4pm Monday was the first to get a gold iPhone 5s, he claimed some were offering up to £5000 for his place in the queue, but he would only consider offers of £10k!

Imagine turning down £5000 for 4 nights camped outside a shop just so you can say "I'm the first in the UK to have it"....What a twit
    I'm not sure what's worse, turning down £5k or someone actually offering £5k to take his place!
  • Pross wrote:
    a mate of mine is a detective sergeant and he queued at midnight for the release of Modern Warfare 2 - there were still loads of copies available the next morning!

That's a bit different as the sooner you get it, the quicker you get up the league tables.

I was once 2000th in the world - the world being 4 million or so players. That was when Kim Dotcom was first. Admitedly he didn't have to go to work in the morning, unlike me.

http://elite.callofduty.com/ops2/globalstats

I did consider getting a life instead, but it was raining that day. :roll:
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    A work colleague got his copy of GTA5 at 3pm on the day before release from a local retailer.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    Yes I think that was it... A whole day at home getting up the leaderboard in advance of everyone else

I suppose this queuing stuff isn't much different to hanging around on haytor for hours to get a glimpse of wiggo and cav!
  • RDW
    RDW Posts: 1,900
    Mikey23 wrote:
    I suppose this queuing stuff isn't much different to hanging around on haytor for hours to get a glimpse of wiggo and cav!

Stop making reasonable comparisons when we were all laughing at the Apple fans!
  • Pross wrote:

This is an utterly fantastic idea! Did he make much more than his deposit?
  • Daz555
    Daz555 Posts: 3,976
    redvee wrote:
    A work colleague got his copy of GTA5 at 3pm on the day before release from a local retailer.
    I suspect a fair few people who bought from Amazon got it in the post the day before as well.
    You only need two tools: WD40 and Duck Tape.
    If it doesn't move and should, use the WD40.
    If it shouldn't move and does, use the tape.
  • RDW
    RDW Posts: 1,900
    nicklouse wrote:

Turns out it's not bullet-proof either:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_gEiU_FDxQ
  • peat
    peat Posts: 1,242
    Pross wrote:
    Someone was stabbed and robbed of their version of GTA5 on their way back from buying it.

Oh dear. You really should read more than the headlines.

The kid was stabbed and mugged of everything he had, as happens to several people every single day (well , the mugging part at least). They took his Phone, wallet and it just so happened he had GTA5 in a shopping bag so they had that aswell.

The way BBC were reporting it as being attacked FOR the game was pretty appalling.