edited October 2013 in The cake stop
New sign up in the office -

BULLYING -
CUT IT OUT

Two questions:-

1. Or what?
2. Isn't that a form of bullying?

Any from your office?
None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.

Comments

• arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    We love daft signs here, we have one on the back of the door to trap 1 that says something along the lines of 'Please respect your colleagues and any visitors using this toilet, if you make a mess, please clean it up' :shock:

We also have one in the kitchen by the water boiler asking whoever is stealing the teaspoons to please return them :lol:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • Is bullying a problem in your office then?
  • JackPozzi
    JackPozzi Posts: 1,191
    We had one along the lines of "post an abusive message on a social network site and it will be the last message you post" which I always found to be a tad aggressive. Just glad it didn't threaten that we'd be sleeping with the fish...
  • At my old place someone put a sign up on the wall of the mens' toilets saying "Urinals Out of Order".

The urinals and associated piping had already been removed, so thanks for the warning, I was just going to p1ss all over the wall and wonder why the yellow stuff wasn't disappearing.

Same jobsworth a week later put a sign up on the cubicle door saying "toilet out of order". The toilet had been removed and was currently sitting in another corner of the room. No Sh1t Sherlock...

I was glad to get out of that place.
  • arran77
    IanREmery wrote:
    At my old place someone put a sign up on the wall of the mens' toilets saying "Urinals Out of Order".

The urinals and associated piping had already been removed, so thanks for the warning, I was just going to p1ss all over the wall and wonder why the yellow stuff wasn't disappearing.

Same jobsworth a week later put a sign up on the cubicle door saying "toilet out of order". The toilet had been removed and was currently sitting in another corner of the room. No Sh1t Sherlock...

You didn't used to work where I do did you :lol:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • Previous place I worked had a toilet cubicle which had the note "Out of order, please drop your bombs next door" pinned to it. Few weeks later it had "Toilet now fixed, bombs away".
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    Croptonboy wrote:
    Is bullying a problem in your office then?
    I don't think so but maybe I am the bully. :?

Even more worrying, it is in the disabled toilet and it is the only one.
    I use the disabled toilet as a changing room.
  • arran77 wrote:
    IanREmery wrote:
    At my old place someone put a sign up on the wall of the mens' toilets saying "Urinals Out of Order".

Cwmbran?! (I was glad to escape Cwmbran as well as my previous job tbh. I've seen morgue's with more life in them than that place).
  • daviesee wrote:
    Croptonboy wrote:
    Is bullying a problem in your office then?
    I don't think so but maybe I am the bully. :?

Even more worrying, it is in the disabled toilet and it is the only one.
    I use the disabled toilet as a changing room.

Carry on as normal, and if the sign then appears on your desk, question answered :)
  • simonhead
    simonhead Posts: 1,399
    A pub near me used to change its unruly children sign each week. Generally they suggested the little nuggets would be met with a gruesome end if they didn't behave.

Where I work now there is a sign asking people not to steal coffee and milk.
    Life isnt like a box of chocolates, its like a bag of pic n mix.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,217
    Just get some scissors and do what they tell you then.
  • Pross
    IanREmery wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    IanREmery wrote:

Cwmbran?! (I was glad to escape Cwmbran as well as my previous job tbh. I've seen morgue's with more life in them than that place).

What's wrong with Cwmbran? At least it isn't Newport!!
  • daviesee
    Pross wrote:
    Just get some scissors and do what they tell you then.
    :lol: :P :lol:
  • I got told off by my boss for taking him at his word when he told me to label everything in the Server room.

He came back a couple of hours later to see dymo labels stuck to things such as:

Window
    Door
    Floor
    Rack
    Air conditioning
    Door handle
    Keyboard
    Mouse
    Phone
    Light Switch
    Light
    Plug

I think the bit that really got him was when he came over to give me a bollocking, I had an "Engineer" label on my shirt.
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • Pross wrote:
    IanREmery wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    IanREmery wrote:

What's wrong with Cwmbran? At least it isn't Newport!!

About the only thing it's got going for it. That and free parking...

Genuinely? spent three years there and thought it's a soul-less place. No energy, little hope.
  • At a place I once worked somebody got into the habit either on nights or very early of using the same cubicle and always leaving a skidmark down the back of the bowl. The cleaner left a note on the back of the cubicle door; "Please use the brush provided to clean away any mess"
    To which some wag added;
    "And go see your doctor, your ar$ehole appears to be in the wrong place"!
  • Pross
    It's not that bad (well, it is but it shines like a beacon sandwiched between the ghost town that is Pontypool and the slum that is Newport ) but yes, it suffers from New Town syndrome. You can't just create a town, they have to evolve. I worked there for years (County Hall) and live within about 5 miles and whilst not a fan it is convenient and there's far worse in the area.
  • Pross wrote:
    It's not that bad (well, it is but it shines like a beacon sandwiched between the ghost town that is Pontypool and the slum that is Newport ) but yes, it suffers from New Town syndrome. You can't just create a town, they have to evolve. I worked there for years (County Hall) and live within about 5 miles and whilst not a fan it is convenient and there's far worse in the area.

That's very true, there are worse areas. I live in the Rhondda which isn't exactly sparkling but do work in central Cardiff which is a stunning city.
  • Peddle Up!
    Peddle Up! Posts: 2,040
    arran77 wrote:
    We love daft signs here, we have one on the back of the door to trap 1 that says something along the lines of 'Please respect your colleagues and any visitors using this toilet, if you make a mess, please clean it up' :shock:

We also have one in the kitchen by the water boiler asking whoever is stealing the teaspoons to please return them :lol:

If the teaspoons are being stolen to clean up the mess, believe me, you don't want them back. :?
    Purveyor of "up" :)
  • mpatts
    mpatts Posts: 1,010
    IN our work toilets there is a polite sign saying "Please leave these facilities as you would wish to find them"

So I left a copy of Ned Boultings "in search of the nations cycling soul".*

*I did consider a jazz mag, but felt this was perhaps not in the spirit of a productivity drive.
    Insert bike here:
  • dmclite-3.0
    dmclite-3.0 Posts: 845
    edited October 2013
    Slight deviation from OP, but on my commute I go past some dodgy pubs through Gravesend, Ebbsfleet, Greenhythe etc, and on the blackboard on one pronouncing the daily specials/upcoming events they had written, "Lager and Fighting", which was truthful, accurate and cheered me up.
    I don't mean to brag, I don't mean to boast, but I'm intercontinental when I eat French toast...
  • arran77
    Peddle Up! wrote:
    arran77 wrote:

If the teaspoons are being stolen to clean up the mess, believe me, you don't want them back. :?

Perhaps I ought to point this out to the management :P

seanoconn
  • We have a helpful safety notice in our office asking people descending the stairs to please use the banister!
  • Our work toilet used to have a laminated poem:

"We like this little place of ours and try to keep it neat. So please control your dirty hole and don't s*** on the seat"
  • daviesee
    We have a helpful safety notice in our office asking people descending the stairs to please use the banister!
    I appreciate the meaningless gesture of holding onto a banister whilst using stairs (which I have never had an incident on even when utterly banjaxed) just prior to doing battle with vehicles protected only with lycra and some polystyrene on my head. :lol:
  • MichaelW
    MichaelW Posts: 2,164
    "Dogs must be carried on the escalator"

What happens if you don't have a dog.
    Can you borrow a dog from someone come off the escalator and hand it to a dogless person at the end of your ride?
    What happens at the end of the day? Does the last person take the dog home?
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    A sign in the changing rooms at work was written by the victim of 'keying' where somebody ran a key down the side of his car basically asking for info and asking how you'd feel in his position. Comments added below are sensible such as shift, CCTV etc as well as the stupid ones like 'stay away from my wife' and 'have you tried T-Cut?'
    Another sign in by the goods in office was typed without using the F7 key.

ddnr.jpg :oops:
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • daviesee
    redvee wrote:
    A sign in the changing rooms at work was written by the victim of 'keying' where somebody ran a key down the side of his car basically asking for info and asking how you'd feel in his position. Comments added below are sensible such as shift, CCTV etc as well as the stupid ones like 'stay away from my wife' and 'have you tried T-Cut?'
    Another sign in by the goods in office was typed without using the F7 key.
    There could be a clue in there as to why the car was keyed. :wink:
  • ddnr.jpg

So, what happens now? Does some illiterate person go out and push them over?
    To err is human, but to make a real balls up takes a super computer.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,348
    daviesee wrote:
    We have a helpful safety notice in our office asking people descending the stairs to please use the banister!
    I appreciate the meaningless gesture of holding onto a banister whilst using stairs (which I have never had an incident on even when utterly banjaxed) just prior to doing battle with vehicles protected only with lycra and some polystyrene on my head. :lol:

The biggest thing putting me off working for a big oil company (my trade) is bullsugar like this!
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver