Vodafone Advert

arran77
arran77 Posts: 9,260
edited September 2013 in The cake stop
Anyone else getting that really annoying Vodafone advert on here at the moment?

It appears at the top and side and makes the screen really small and jump around :evil:
"Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn

Comments

• Yes :evil:
    All the gear, but no idea...
  • bartimaeus
    bartimaeus Posts: 1,812
    Yep - another customer lost for them... I rarely buy stuff from people who think that annoying adverts are a good idea.
    Vitus Sentier VR+ (2018) GT Grade AL 105 (2016)
    Giant Anthem X4 (2010) GT Avalanche 1.0 (2010)
    Kingley Vale and QECP Trail Collective - QECP Trail Building
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    Yes, acutely annoying...
  • vs
    vs Posts: 468
    :shock: ing hell
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,515
    no, because i use a blockerad (rearrange certain letters to create the term the forum software objects to)

before any br admin posts that this is evil because it deprives br of ad revenue, tough, i'm a clear net contributor to br, thus helping it attract punters, if br can't live with that i'll be happy to stop contributing to br and spend my time on b3ta instead
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Not annoying at all that is it!! :evil: I wouldn't have even given them the satisfaction of naming them.
  • arran77
    Not annoying at all that is it!! :evil: I wouldn't have even given them the satisfaction of naming them.

Only so the mods will hopefully do something pronto, this is the most fecking annoying advert they've ever had :evil:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • diamonddog
    diamonddog Posts: 3,426
    Pain in the a**. :evil:
  • arran77
    sungod wrote:
    no, because i use a blockerad (rearrange certain letters to create the term the forum software objects to)

before any br admin posts that this is evil because it deprives br of ad revenue, tough, i'm a clear net contributor to br, thus helping it attract punters, if br can't live with that i'll be happy to stop contributing to br and spend my time on b3ta instead

Very useful on a PC, no good on iPad, any suggestions here?

seanoconn
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    arran77 wrote:
    sungod wrote:

No ads on my iPad.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • arran77
    nicklouse wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    sungod wrote:

No ads on my iPad.

Care to explain how cos this one is really boiling my p1ss :evil:

seanoconn
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    Pain in the ass vodaphone ads on my iPad !
    :evil:
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • And mine :(
  • arran77
    MattC59 wrote:
    Pain in the ass vodaphone ads on my iPad !
    :evil:

Well lets hope that Nick or some other helpful soul will get it sorted :evil:

seanoconn
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,859
    stupid advert
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    As I remember it, it was a similar thread where I was complaining about things and just after that I was banned for (what seemed to me to be) a trivial matter.
    Tread lightly.

By the way, I use a program that is mentioned whenever this comes up and internet life has been bliss ever since. And I am on Mac.
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • arran77
    All is resolved now, for me anyway so no more Mr :evil:

seanoconn
  • Mikey23
    People power rocks...
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    arran77 wrote:
    nicklouse wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    sungod wrote:

No ads on my iPad.

Care to explain how cos this one is really boiling my p1ss :evil:
    just no ads. never had had any at all, not running anything just using safari.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Mikey23
    Aargh... Something else there and doing the same now. By the time I've clicked on a link the screen has changed and I end up somewhere else... Confusing for an old git. Anyone know how to block ads on an iPad?
  • arran77
    On the work PC now so that handy bit of software you can add to Firefox to block ad's is working great :)

Last night at the height of the whole Vodafone thing I looked online to see if you can do anything for an iPad and it seems a lot less easy :roll:

Apparently you can change some sort of 'code' somehow if you are of a techy persuasion but I'm not so I won't be trying that, according to Mr Louse, he has never had any ad's on an iPad so I guess you are unlucky.

seanoconn