Cube sizing advice

michaelatkinson
michaelatkinson Posts: 30
edited September 2013 in Road buying advice
Hi all,

Just about to buy my first bike and have decided on the Cube Agree GTC Pro. I;m being told by my biking pals that cubes measure up quite small. Is this true? I'm 6ft and would normally be a 56cm but am being told to buy a 58cm.

Should I delve into the geometry of the frame etc. or just get a bike fitting from somewhere like cycle surgery?

Any advice would be appreciated

Mick

Comments

• I'm 6ft and own the GTC Race and have a 58cm. I previously had a 56cm Allez. So yes go for the 58cm unless you are an odd shape!
  • DavidJB
    DavidJB Posts: 2,019
    Hi all,

Just about to buy my first bike and have decided on the Cube Agree GTC Pro. I;m being told by my biking pals that cubes measure up quite small. Is this true? I'm 6ft and would normally be a 56cm but am being told to buy a 58cm.

Should I delve into the geometry of the frame etc. or just get a bike fitting from somewhere like cycle surgery?

Any advice would be appreciated

Mick

Yep one size up.
  • Hi Micheal Ive just bought the same bike, I'm 5' 10" tried the 56mm seemed cramped, so bought the 58cm, feels much better, I put a shorter slightly more raised stem on, its a great bike absolute flying machine, only niggle the saddle post creaks a bit under load, but other than that cant fault it, I would recommend.

Steve
  • If you are borderline at 6ft (between sizes) then i would definitely size up with Cubes. They arent overly small, but are a bit smaller compared to say Giant. Im 6ft 2 and with a Giant bike i can fit a Medium-Large or Large frame quite nicely, but on the Cube i have, Agree GTC Pro the 58" fits me fine.

So go for the 58" frame size. Even if its a bit big for you its easier to move the seat forward and shorten the stem.
  • They have a relatively short top tube. I got my first road road bike a couple of years ago and found with most bikes I seemed to fall between a 56 and a 58, I'm 182cm. Got on a Cube and it instantly felt just right. Everyone's different though so best to try a few bikes if you get the chance.
  • RobinB2
    RobinB2 Posts: 111
    I bought an Agree GTC Race a few months ago. I would normally expect to fit a 53/54 cm bike but ended up with a 56 cm Cube.
  • Hi there, I bought a Cube Agree GTC Pro this year and love it. I'm just shy of 6ft and the 58cm fits just fine. I did try the 56cm but seemed a little too small for my liking. Go with the 58.
  • I picked up my Cube Agree GTC Pro at the weekend.
    I'm 5 ft 7" and the 58cm was too big for me. the 53cm was too small.
    56cm is just right.

It's a lovely bike and I am going to enjoy owning it.
  • I'm 5'8" and ride a 56cm Cube Agree so I'd recommend the 58cm for you like most have.
    2012 Cube Agree GTC
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    stulloch wrote:
    Hi Micheal Ive just bought the same bike, I'm 5' 10" tried the 56mm seemed cramped, so bought the 58cm, feels much better, I put a shorter slightly more raised stem on, its a great bike absolute flying machine, only niggle the saddle post creaks a bit under load, but other than that cant fault it, I would recommend.

Steve

56mm to 58cm is quite a jump! no wonder the 56mm felt cramped!!

i've got a 60 agree gtc and it fits me perfectly, i'm about 6'2, cube's do tend to come out pretty small so might be worth seeing if you can get somehwere to try one out.
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes