***Spoiler*** Tour of Britain Stage 8

2»

Comments

• Alan A wrote:
    MULLET and Archibald.

The daft unemployed lad from League of Gentlemen.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • Sounds like Pete Williams (IG Sigma) has had one of his sprint points taken away - hands off bars - so Madrazo gets the Yodel Sprint jersey along with the KOM.
  • poppit
    poppit Posts: 926
    prawny wrote:
    Mad_Malx wrote:
    poppit wrote:
    Archibold gets his weight in cheese! :shock:

Most importantly, what sort?

Is it a Rouleard? I'll get my coat.
    Does London have a local cheese?
    Eddy Merckx EMX-3
    Dolan L'Etape
    Cougar Zero Uno
    Genesis Core 50
    Planet X TOR
  • Today's cheese was Wigmore from Risley, Berkshire.
    BUxMrGBCcAA9Zqd.jpg:large
  • Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 5,005
    Sounds like Pete Williams (IG Sigma) has had one of his sprint points taken away - hands off bars - so Madrazo gets the Yodel Sprint jersey along with the KOM.

Well - hand off bars and using it to push Madrazo away - a lot. Didn't look like Madrazo was doing anything to provoke this.
  • Yep, coms got that right. Shame for Pete and team though.
  • Is it OK if I say Bennett has had a great week?
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 5,005
    Sounds like Pete Williams (IG Sigma) has had one of his sprint points taken away - hands off bars - so Madrazo gets the Yodel Sprint jersey along with the KOM.

Well - hand off bars and using it to push Madrazo away - a lot. Didn't look like Madrazo was doing anything to provoke this.
  • knedlicky
    knedlicky Posts: 3,097
    poppit wrote:
    Archibold gets his weight in cheese! :shock:
    That’s about about 6 years of cheese for anyone, based on average consumption!
    Does he get a cheese like pictured sent each month or does he actually donate the total to somewhere with 50 people who have average cheese consumption, or to somewhere with 200 people where the average isn’t that high, like schools, hospitals or old people’s homes? (Because it will have to be eaten with a month or so)
    If the latter, it also seems a shame because those institutions don’t usually serve cheeseboards, so the 'special' cheese will disappear into some sort of gratinee.
  • Have to say that the camera placing for both the recent London finishes has been awful.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • knedlicky
    knedlicky Posts: 3,097
    Mad_Malx wrote:
    It looked very vaguelly that Madrazo was starting to unintentionally drift across Willliams’ path – Madrazo does appear to have a somewhat uncoordinanted style. But I don’t think enough to warrant the push.

Such pushes aren’t uncommon in amateur races. It would be interesting to see what Williams had to say about the incident, it was so obvious, but so far he’s skipped over it in his twitter.
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    Alan A wrote:
    MULLET
    Business at the front, Party at the back!
    DSCF2056-1.jpg
  • Paul 8v
    Mad_Malx wrote:
    I'm sure they let the fizz out of Madraso's bottle. Cav's was a lot fizzier.
    Took him a while to get the top off, he did a little "Shall I?" look to the crowd
    DSCF2022.jpg
    Then sprayed the poor podium girl completely with it
    DSCF2023.jpg
    But then gave her the flowers to make up for it :mrgreen:
    DSCF2024.jpg

The guy is clearly a nutter, In a good way
  • MrTapir
    MrTapir Posts: 1,206
    Paul 8v wrote:
    Alan A wrote:
    MULLET
    DSCF2056-1.jpg

I see no mullet, only a ponytail.
  • Contador is the Greatest
  • Paul 8v
    MrTapir wrote:
    Paul 8v wrote:
    Alan A wrote:
    MULLET
    DSCF2056-1.jpg

I see no mullet, only a ponytail.
    Archibald in the background ;-)
  • inseine wrote:
    Williams likely to be relegated after a pointless push.

Schoolboy error, that - goodness knows what he was thinking, but not what you expect at the top level. Cost himself a decent shot at winning the Yodel jersey competition.

David
    "It is not enough merely to win; others must lose." - Gore Vidal
  • Viviani vs Bennett after the stage:
    http://worldwidecyclesblog.com/2013/09/ ... up-a-gear/
    tumblr_mtjtak5F1e1qacyk6o1_500.jpg

It would be nice to see some WT team give him a ride. Would be great for the fans to see him duking it out in some harsh and heavy one day racers. Not enough hardcore riders these days.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • If you want to see some amazing photos from Gruber of this race check out his flickr. Riders, racing and scenery. These photos will blow your socks off.

9792859743_449f082658_z.jpg
    9792792645_739834798b_z.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest