Help! Advice on my bike needed! :)

domwolf
domwolf Posts: 16
edited September 2013 in MTB beginners
Hi all

So i recently picked up a new mountain bike, the Specialized Rockhopper 2013 and it's great! But then i got into
Downill and well, its not the happiest bike doing that, it eats the miles and uphill as its a 29er but yeah. So my question is thus: how can i make my bike more DH friendly, without forking out like 7 grand for the S-works haha!

I thought maybe some dh forks, but they dont seem to make long travel forks for 29ers, leastways not that ive found!

Cheers

Dom :)

Comments

• You can't, it's not a downhill bike and never will be. Being a rockhopper it probably has a poor fork, but regardless of that there us no point wasting money on turning it into something it can never be.

If you want to ride downhill seriously get a suitable bike, it is a very specific area. And keep the rockhopper for XC.
    Too-ra-loo-ra, too-ra-loo-rye, aye

Giant Trance
    Radon ZR 27.5 Race
    Btwin Alur700
    Merida CX500
  • If you want to do actual downhill then buy a DH bike, simple.
  • Actually man, its got a really decent fork.. :')
    Cheers guys, i feared this was the case but had to see if it was possible! :)
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Depends what you mean by Downhill. Downhill or riding down hills.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    domwolf wrote:
    Actually man, its got a really decent fork.. :')
    What have you put on it then as even the pro evo only gets an XC32 which is pants.

You can't make it a DH bike but a decent fork will make it a lot better.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.