Interesting Wiggo interview

rickyrider
rickyrider Posts: 294
edited September 2013 in Pro race
Try this one for size http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/others ... -face.html

Clearly a bit peeved at Tour shenanigans this year:

“I always felt from the minute that I won the Tour it was 'thanks for coming’, that I was never going to get a chance."

Comments

• tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552
    " A changeable Soul"

Wiggins is unbeatable when he wants to be , when he is focussed, has a goal and is loved.

Brailsford IMO has let him down, He needs to get back with Shane Sutton, Win the Worlds and then decide if its Olympic track success or another GC tilt.

If its GC , then just like Cav he needs to find another team , Sky is now all about Froome. Porte and possibly Kenaugh in the grand tours.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,150
    He should get the beers in, give Bjarne Riis, Bernard Hinault, Chris Hoy and Gibo Simoni a call and set up a cycling equivalent of the First Wives Club.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    tim wand wrote:
    " A changeable Soul"

Wiggins is unbeatable when he wants to be , when he is focussed, has a goal and is loved.

Brailsford IMO has let him down, He needs to get back with Shane Sutton, Win the Worlds and then decide if its Olympic track success or another GC tilt.

If its GC , then just like Cav he needs to find another team , Sky is now all about Froome. Porte and possibly Kenaugh in the grand tours.

+1.

He knows he is like that though, that comes across very strongly in his book.

DB is a driven man and won't let anyone stand in the way of his success.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,150
    Joelsim wrote:
    +1.

He knows he is like that though, that comes across very strongly in his book.

DB is a driven man and won't let anyone stand in the way of his success.
    The number one error in any team sport is to keep faith with a champion (or champions) longer than they should. I've seen it many times before. I think Sky were spot on with this.
    Twitter: @RichN95