Seemingly trivial things that cheer you up

Comments

• cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    metronome wrote:
    Dining out and discovering there's more than one veggie option on a menu. Furthermore realising it doesn't involve ******* cheese.

Say it, say it! 'Donkey cheese'. There that's cheered me up no end. :D
  • Say it, say it! 'Donkey cheese'. There that's cheered me up no end. :D

Ass-Cheese?
    tick - tick - tick
  • GiantMike
    GiantMike Posts: 3,139
    Immitation. Sincerest form of flattery.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,199
    This cheered me up:

A twunt in a black Nissan R32 Skyline was heading towards me having gone round a roundabout and then overtook a car without looking. I had to take evasive action and nearly had a head on. I gave him the 3 fingered salute and drove on.
    The twunt turned around and followed me. As I got to my destination, I slowed down, he overtook did a Ue and drove towards me. My 'crew' - one Glasweigian of dynamic proportions and another of equal size were in the passenger seats. As soon as he neared, both fellas jumped out ready to tw4t him. He effed and blinded and waved his fist at me and drove off, presumeably not realising I had company.
    In case he recognised me on my bike and decided on something silly, I elected to report him to the police. They knew of him and said they 'would have a word'.
    Yesterday, the aforementioned Skyline was on the back of a trailer, roof completely caved in. He didn't roll it, he went under a bloody truck. Only minor injuries and I am just waiting for the court files in the local rag to see if they throw the book at him, so maybe more smiles to come.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • mrfpb
    mrfpb Posts: 4,569
    Crossing the Tyne Bridge after I've been working down south - not until I'm north of the Tyne am I home.

When I lived in the North East, it was the first sight of Penshaw Monument. Now I live in Fleet, it's the sight of Fleet Pond (aka "the biggest muddy puddle in Hampshire") from the train.
  • GiantMike wrote:
    Immitation. Sincerest form of flattery.

Thanks MIke !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • pinno
    mrfpb wrote:
    Crossing the Tyne Bridge after I've been working down south - not until I'm north of the Tyne am I home.

When I lived in the North East, it was the first sight of Penshaw Monument. Now I live in Fleet, it's the sight of Fleet Pond (aka "the biggest muddy puddle in Hampshire") from the train.

..and going in the other direction:

Southbound again, roll accross rolling river Tyne
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    mrfpb wrote:

I used to like that too when I worked up in town :lol:

BTW it's Hampshire's largest freshwater lake :P
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • mrfpb
    arran77 wrote:
    mrfpb wrote:
    Now I live in Fleet, it's the sight of Fleet Pond (aka "the biggest muddy puddle in Hampshire") from the train.

That may be what the Visit Hampshire website calls it...
  • Giraffoto
    Giraffoto Posts: 2,078
    When I'm on my way home from anywhere I look out for the first red kite - they tell me I'm getting near.
    Specialized Roubaix Elite 2015
    XM-057 rigid 29er
  • arran77
    mrfpb wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    mrfpb wrote:
    Now I live in Fleet, it's the sight of Fleet Pond (aka "the biggest muddy puddle in Hampshire") from the train.

:wink:

Wouldn't be a good time to admit I wrote my university dissertation on the place then :lol:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • Finally realizing why the word "Caesar" bothers me so much. It's because the 'a' and 'e' look like they're really mad at each other.
  • pinno
    BONKSTRONG wrote:
    Finally realizing why the word "Caesar" bothers me so much. It's because the 'a' and 'e' look like they're really mad at each other.

So what do you think of the place Stranraer?

They all fight each other with the drop of a hat, so maybe that explains things.
  • mrfpb
    arran77 wrote:
    mrfpb wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    mrfpb wrote:

Wouldn't be a good time to admit I wrote my university dissertation on the place then :lol:

I don't know when you did your dissertation, or what you looked at. The place looks beautiful, sure enough, but the "muddy puddle" nickname is because it was so silted up that ducks appeared to walking on water. They've been dredging it for over a year now and building new islands with the silt.

Another thing that cheers me up is cycling round the pond to the train station on the rare days when I go to London.
  • arran77
    mrfpb wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    mrfpb wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    mrfpb wrote:

I don't know when you did your dissertation, or what you looked at. The place looks beautiful, sure enough, but the "muddy puddle" nickname is because it was so silted up that ducks appeared to walking on water. They've been dredging it for over a year now and building new islands with the silt.

Another thing that cheers me up is cycling round the pond to the train station on the rare days when I go to London.

I know what you mean, when I was a kid it was far worse, you'd see people get out of boats in the middle and only be a foot or two deep in water :shock:

It all came from two of the streams that flow into the pond and dump silt from the army land and also the towns surface water drainage, probably too much info and a bit geeky that I know that :lol:

Like you say though a stunning place.

On the subject of things making you happy I used to love standing on the station platform when I worked in London and see and hear the geese flying in :D

seanoconn
  • diamonddog
    diamonddog Posts: 3,426
    Stavros Flatley :D
  • willy b
    willy b Posts: 4,125
    - A really funny joke
    - Tailwind
    - Fresh bread
    - Coffee
    - A perfectly ripe banana
    - Porridge
    - When a song comes on the radio that i've no listened to for ages
    - A clean and well maintained bike
    - Knowing you gave absolutely everything on a ride/race
    - Clear piss :lol:
    - Hob Nobs
    - Literally crying with laugher
    - When somebody almost falls over and tries to carry it off
  • FatTed
    FatTed Posts: 1,205
    Rain on a tin roof
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    serendipity. :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • Being right :lol:
    I may be a minority of one but that doesn't prevent me from being right.
    http://www.dalynchi.com
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Being right :lol:

Has never happened to me in our house. :cry:
  • My family being out, a quality mug of tea and finding a favourite film while channel hopping.

Finding chocolate.

Seeing my Springer bounding through long grass.

Hearing my daughters laugh, they are both late teens but it makes me proud.

The beer is quality, the weather is nice and the company is good.
    --
    Saw a sign on a restaurant that said Breakfast, any time -- so I ordered French Toast in the Renaissance.
  • Warm paper straight off a photocopier.

Rob
  • arran77
    Taking a dump on works time.

Cold bed sheets.

Listening to the rain when in a tent or caravan.

Finding paper money in my wallet I forgot was there.

:)

seanoconn
  • Regularly checking in on the `on-line dating` site; scanning all the lovely females, and thinking perhaps one day soon I`ll be able to break away from my ball and chain and start again before it`s too late :?: :? :( :oops:
  • willy b
    willy b Posts: 4,125
    cruiser33 wrote:
    Regularly checking in on the `on-line dating` site; scanning all the lovely females, and thinking perhaps one day soon I`ll be able to break away from my ball and chain and start again before it`s too late :?: :? :( :oops:

:lol:
  • Finding something on sky plus i'd forgot i'd put on to record or series linked
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    bugsrabbit wrote:
    Finding something on sky plus i'd forgot i'd put on to record or series linked

Similar, finding space on sky plus that hasn't been filled by the wife
  • jawooga
    jawooga Posts: 530
    Re-factoring a bit of pl/sql, plpgsql to be done entirely in sql.
  • Opening up the linen basket then going to the other side of the room and dropping my undies, and in one deft flick of my right foot watching them sail through the air and land 'slam dunk' straight in the basket. YES! And even though the Missus tends to shake her head and sigh it does cheer me up no end.