World Championship - ***SPOILERS***

Comments

• Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,221
    I just expect to see the jersey to be blue all over. If I hadn't seen that picture and had been watching the race I wouldn't have realised it was an Italian rider.
  • philbar72
    philbar72 Posts: 2,229
    needs more blue. lose the skoda thing as well.
  • knedlicky
    knedlicky Posts: 3,097
    Agree about the Skoda thing on the breast, just presumed it had to be for sponsorship.

Blue all over would mean they’d have to have their bib numbers in big on the jerseys
    30612.jpg
    and they’d all have to be pretty tattoo-ed – and at the moment I think only Pozzato is.

Eitherway, the national (flag) colours need to stay too. I think they're done well, with the 'flag' and the rings on the neck - better than a crest with national colours over the left breast, which is what the footballers have.
  • ad_snow
    ad_snow Posts: 469
    Are GB putting a team out for the TTT on Saturday? Because it clashes with ToB where Dowsett and Wiggins are both riding and Froome mentioned flying out to the Worlds on Sunday on Twitter.
  • JackPozzi
    JackPozzi Posts: 1,191
    ad_snow wrote:
    Are GB putting a team out for the TTT on Saturday? Because it clashes with ToB where Dowsett and Wiggins are both riding and Froome mentioned flying out to the Worlds on Sunday on Twitter.
    TTT is for trade teams, I'd assume that Sky will field a team, but Wiggo will be a loss for them, as will Dowsett for Moviestar
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137
    JackPozzi wrote:
    TTT is for trade teams, I'd assume that Sky will field a team, but Wiggo will be a loss for them, as will Dowsett for Moviestar
    Dowsett is riding for Movistar. He's got premission to drop out of ToB early.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • JackPozzi
    JackPozzi Posts: 1,191
    RichN95 wrote:
    JackPozzi wrote:
    Dowsett is riding for Movistar. He's got premission to drop out of ToB early.

That's good news, hopefully he'll be fuly over his illness by then and has a good championships
  • clanton
    clanton Posts: 1,289
    JackPozzi wrote:
    ad_snow wrote:

That is a pity!! GB have potentially a devastating TTT team - Wiggins, Froome, Stannard, Thomas, Dowsett.....
    A veritable Dream Team.
  • Richmond Racer
    Richmond Racer Posts: 8,561
    edited September 2013
    clanton wrote:
    JackPozzi wrote:
    ad_snow wrote:

That is a pity!! GB have potentially a devastating TTT team - Wiggins, Froome, Stannard, Thomas, Dowsett.....
    A veritable Dream Team.

I'd agree with you there. If things were different, Wiggins would steer that team even without Dowsett, to the podium, and certainly give OPQS a run for their money. As it is...Sky top 6 maybe
  • ad_snow
    ad_snow Posts: 469
    clanton wrote:
    JackPozzi wrote:
    ad_snow wrote:

A veritable Dream Team.
    That's just Sky + Dowsett. :lol:
  • ad_snow wrote:
    clanton wrote:
    JackPozzi wrote:
    ad_snow wrote:

A veritable Dream Team.

We-ll Cummings would be in a GB TTT line-up too
  • Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 4,993
    ad_snow wrote:
    clanton wrote:
    JackPozzi wrote:
    ad_snow wrote:

A veritable Dream Team.

And Sky consistently under-perform in TTT (this year's Giro only win I think)
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,249
    Unibet have Martin at 9/10, Cancellara at 9/4, Wiggins at 3/1 and "anyone else" at 7/1.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,249
    ^^and that's with 3/4 of bets going on Wiggins.
  • Daz555
    Daz555 Posts: 3,976
    Unibet have Martin at 9/10, Cancellara at 9/4, Wiggins at 3/1 and "anyone else" at 7/1.
    Bookies have Canc ahead of Wiggo? Very odd. Martin - fair enough.
    You only need two tools: WD40 and Duck Tape.
    If it doesn't move and should, use the WD40.
    If it shouldn't move and does, use the tape.
  • Mad_Malx wrote:
    ad_snow wrote:
    clanton wrote:
    JackPozzi wrote:
    ad_snow wrote:

A veritable Dream Team.

And Sky consistently under-perform in TTT (this year's Giro only win I think)

Also won Trentino TTT

(but agree they have under-performed in the past - seemed to have upped their game a bit this year)
  • Nicked from road.cc:

The BBC’s coverage will be presented by Jonathan Edwards with commentary from Simon Brotherton and Chris Boardman and reporting by Jill Douglas.

Time trials: Wednesday 25 September, 1.40-4.10pm, BBC TWO
    Women’s road race: Saturday 28 September, 3.30-4.30pm, BBC ONE
    Women’s road race: Saturday 28 September, 4.30-5.15pm, BBC TWO
    Men’s road race: Sunday 29 September, 2.15-4.15pm, BBC TWO
  • Ed-tron
    Ed-tron Posts: 165
    Mechanism wrote:
    Nicked from road.cc:

The BBC’s coverage will be presented by Jonathan Edwards with commentary from Simon Brotherton and Chris Boardman and reporting by Jill Douglas.

Time trials: Wednesday 25 September, 1.40-4.10pm, BBC TWO
    Women’s road race: Saturday 28 September, 3.30-4.30pm, BBC ONE
    Women’s road race: Saturday 28 September, 4.30-5.15pm, BBC TWO
    Men’s road race: Sunday 29 September, 2.15-4.15pm, BBC TWO

Great. thanks.

I noticed UCI spam my Youtube feed with what seem to be scheduled live streams of the races also. Scroll down a bit here: http://www.youtube.com/user/ucichannel?feature=g-subs-u Perhaps this may be useful to people also, especially if not in UK.
  • RichN95.
    I'm tipping Jan Bakelants as a dark horse for the Road Race. He appears to be in good form.
  • See this here TTT.

Are teams taking it seriously?
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • RichN95.
    See this here TTT.

Are teams taking it seriously?
    Some of them are. Quick Step certainly did last year, but I don't image Euskaltel are too fussed.
  • Movistar also seem pretty serious about it
  • Looks as if the weather for the first half of the championships will be absolutely glorious.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • RichN95 wrote:
    I'm tipping Jan Bakelants as a dark horse for the Road Race. He appears to be in good form.

I guess you liked his win yday. Voeckler pulled up to take no risks on the corner as was a little cocky going around the outside on the 2nd to last bend otherwise he would have got it.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Love the French squad.

Cancellara riding both the TT and the RR.

Canada had qualified for three spots in the road race, but Hesjedal decided not to participate, “and it was deemed that there were no other athletes available who would be competitive in this event.” He did not give his reasons for not riding.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • RichN95.
    RichN95 wrote:

I guess you liked his win yday. Voeckler pulled up to take no risks on the corner as was a little cocky going around the outside on the 2nd to last bend otherwise he would have got it.
    Partly that (although I didn't see it) - but also he was lively in Canada (which I did see). I reckon it's a course he could excel on and he's likely to be underestimated. He'll probably have to work for Gilbert though.
  • Yeah and he is brimming with confidence. Even if he doesnt win I am sure he will let some firecrackers off for the fans.

Anyone know why he was racing in the Belgium kit and pointing to `Trek`?
    CORVOS_00021941-015-copy.jpg
    Last 2km, worth a watch:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... mEtgNG-tOs
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,221
    He could work a good one / two with Gilbert.
  • Could do although I doubt Gilbert will be riding for anyone - he more or less said so himself after his Vuelta win.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,070
    Yeah and he is brimming with confidence. Even if he doesnt win I am sure he will let some firecrackers off for the fans.

Anyone know why he was racing in the Belgium kit and pointing to `Trek`?
    CORVOS_00021941-015-copy.jpg
    Last 2km, worth a watch:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... mEtgNG-tOs

Team Radioshack are short of money so are only riding WT races for the rest of the season to save costs. Bakelandts wanted to race yesterday as part of his worlds preparation so the Belgian Fed added him to the national team, which was mainly U23 riders, so he could race.