Routes from Great Malvern?

bigpikle
bigpikle Posts: 1,690
I have the chance to ride a few hours later this week from Gt Malvern. Given its on the edge of the AONB Malvern Hills I thought it would be worth taking the bike and making the most of it - trouble is I have no idea of routes!

Anyone suggest 25-50 miles thats going to give me some country lanes, hills, views and 2-3 hours cracking riding please 8)

Much appreciated....
Your Past is Not Your Potential...

Comments

• izza
    izza Posts: 1,561
    I grew up in Malvern (pre cycling days) and still have family living there so my knowledge is only general and based upon early morning rides when I've taken my bike there on visits.

1) Starting off from the town centre, I'd head for Poolbrokk and lower parts of Malvern and then back up towards the Wyche cutting or Bristish camp as decent climbs.
    2) Once over those inclines, I would recommend heading for Colwall and find routes going North from there towards Alfrick, Bromyard and Suckley. Of the Worcestershire/Malvern sportives they all head that way.
    3) Avoid the main road from British camp towards Ledbury and Herefordshire.
    4) Over to the East by Upton, Gualford etc is pan flat so OK for first 10 miles of warming up.
  • bigpikle
    bigpikle Posts: 1,690
    Brilliant - thanks Izza
    Your Past is Not Your Potential...