Trek Fuel EX 9.9 Carbon

ste_t
ste_t Posts: 1,599
edited December 2013 in Your mountain bikes
Finally got everything together and enough time in the day to build it.

Started with this which I got for a bargain price and the XX front mech thrown in.

aa_zpsec9a7b97.jpg

Added 2012 Reba RLT, 120mm, 15mm axle.

aa_zpsa80f6c8e.jpg

Crank Bros cobalt 3 seatpost.

aa_zps033588aa.jpg

Superstar Teslas in gunsmoke on Pacenti TL28s.

aa_zps8b5f4512.jpg

So now looks like this.

aa_zps0aac46d3.jpg

Off to put everything else together now and will have the first trip out at Cannock in a couple of days.

Comments

• ste_t
    ste_t Posts: 1,599
    temporary_zps2e402831.jpg

Finished after a fair bit of drama. Just the shock to be serviced next week now.

Frame couldn't take a granny bigger than 24t so ended up just putting the triple back together. After the CC2CC I'll probably be going 32t single up front.
  • Nice looking bike.
  • Really nice bike that
    Commencal Ramones Cromo 13 - viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12926938
  • Bet it rides very nicely too. I've tried a couple of Fuels briefly (EX8 and EX9) and liked them.
  • mikeyj28
    mikeyj28 Posts: 754
    ste_t wrote:
    temporary_zps2e402831.jpg

Finished after a fair bit of drama. Just the shock to be serviced next week now.

Frame couldn't take a granny bigger than 24t so ended up just putting the triple back together. After the CC2CC I'll probably be going 32t single up front.

How are you finding riding the Trek? Lovely looking bike and I bet it can fly round the singletrack.
    Constantly trying to upgrade my parts.It is a long road ahead as things are so expensive for little gain. n+1 is always the principle in my mind.