Wheres my new bike :-(

stubs
stubs Posts: 5,001
edited September 2013 in MTB general
Put an order in for a new shiny shiny thing with a well known large mail order firm and still waitng for my bike after nearly a week. Just goes to show how spoilt we are these days that I expected to have it by now and banged off an email saying I WANT IT AND I WANT IT NOW PLEASE PRETTY PLEASE. Got a pleasant friendly apologetic email back saying they are snowed under with work and are busier than they have ever been with bike builds and I should have it for next week.

Which is no good with the sun shining of course. :cry:

Go back 20 years and I ordered a MTB from a local bike shop and ended up waiting 2 months for the bike to get in and it didnt bother me in the slightest that was the way things were back then. Oh well will have to just ride my absolute heap of junk bike this weekend (Nothing wrong with it its just not new) and keep standing by the front gate waiting for the courier. :lol:
Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap

Comments

• I feel your pain. Was the same with mine earlier in the year. I remember being fuming because it took over a whole week!
    From Germany...
    For a custom spec.

:oops:
  • stubs
    I feel your pain. Was the same with mine earlier in the year. I remember being fuming because it took over a whole week!
    From Germany...
    For a custom spec.

:oops:

I ordered a pair of gloves from the same company a couple of months back and I couldnt believe it when I heard myself grumble that they took a whole 3 days to arrive. :lol:
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • ste_t
    ste_t Posts: 1,599
    I blame Cooldad.
  • Yep, I'm getting annoyed because some parts I ordered are taking a week to arrive too. Even though I won't be able to fit them, let alone ride them for a few weeks :lol:
  • mcnultycop
    mcnultycop Posts: 2,143
    I've actually had something not arrive from CRC (only some gloves). Stuff usually arrives next day from them, this has been over a week.

My Lev arrived in 4 days from Germany though. Not all bad news.
  • stubs
    Whoop its on its way just hope this weather holds for the weekend so I can play out.
  • me-109
    me-109 Posts: 1,915
    Can't they just email it to you? XD
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    Yep, I'm getting annoyed because some parts I ordered are taking a week to arrive too. Even though I won't be able to fit them, let alone ride them for a few weeks :lol:
    Never done this, no, not ever. :oops: Well perhaps once or twice.
  • stubs
    Me-109 wrote:
    Can't they just email it to you? XD
    It wont fit in my inbox

Wouldn't it be great if you could print a bike out on one of those 3D printers just download the CAD file fill the printer up with gloop and press go.
  • but gloop is even less tough than carbon fibre, I hear! :lol:
  • stubs
    theres 3 grades of gloop. 26, 27.5 and 29 One of them is so much better than the others
  • Ha! Well, you learn something every day :lol:
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,439
    Is it here yet? Pictures!!!!!
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • stubs
    Yes its here and its a bit muddy. It rides like a dream pictures to follow when I find the cable to connect my steam powered digital camera to the laptop.
  • stubs
    Hucking Fuge box
    9704666250_0d5f148801_n.jpg
    DSC_0659 by fastmongrel, on Flickr
  • stubs
    Whats in the box
    9701431221_978d9b888b_n.jpg
    DSC_0660 by fastmongrel, on Flickr
  • stubs
    Moggy not interested
    9704663618_6b429e24e3_n.jpg
    DSC_0661 by fastmongrel, on Flickr
  • stubs
    My Baby
    9701424743_3d26507708_n.jpg
    DSC_0665 by fastmongrel, on Flickr
  • stubs
    Stupid light with my Wellgo MG1 pedals on 24.31 pounds 11.02 kg
    9704660818_2c00352972_n.jpg
    DSC_0663 by fastmongrel, on Flickr
  • What is it?
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,439
    Noice, where's the like button. I've been looking at the Sommets on CRC the wife has taken my credit card away.
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • stubs
    Its a medium Vitus Rapide 29er carbon frame. I am getting a bit too old and fragile for anything needing a full sus so decided to go for fast as funk with both wheels on the ground bike. I also need lots of help when the trail heads up so needed a mountain goat to help me puff and wheeze to the top.
  • Very nice!
    however, go slap yourself for thinking it's possible to be too old to get airborne!
  • stubs
    Very nice!
    however, go slap yourself for thinking it's possible to be too old to get airborne!

I did get airborne today I reckon I was at least 6 inches off the ground for at least 1 millisecond :mrgreen:
  • Stunning bike :-)