Cube agree di 2 OR Ghost race lector

richie1973
richie1973 Posts: 99
edited September 2013 in Road buying advice
Hi all!

comments please, on a cube agree gtc di2 slt or the ghost race lector ltd edition.

http://www.jejamescycles.co.uk/cube-agr ... 73765.html

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/ghos ... -prod86067

Any owners out there wanna share their opinions? looking to possibly buy one (not to race, more long distance rides)

thanks.
rich.

Comments

• No?
    Friendly bunch I see!

Or are both bikes that rubbish :roll:
  • diamonddog
    diamonddog Posts: 3,426
    edited September 2013
    Have a look at Mekk Ultegra DI2 on Wiggle or the like. You won't be paying a premium for the name. Nothing wrong with the other two though as far as I can see.
    Ideally you should ride them but I know it is not always possible but make sure you compare the geometry etc of each bike before you decide to buy.
  • Look in the classified on here, someone just sold a Ghost Lector, could ask him for advice.
  • defride
    defride Posts: 277
    Just bought a Cube GTC Team, same frame fork combo. I'm no expert on road bikes but very happy with it. No complaints about the finish, seems to do a decent job of damping road imperfections, goes up nicely and feels very planted and confidence inspiring decending.
  • ga1
    ga1 Posts: 59
    I have had the Cube Agree DI2 for over a year now. It is a very nice bike but if I could go back in time I probably would not by it again. That is actually more to do with me than the bike as I do not think that I need Di2, nor does it make enough difference to my riding experience to warrant the cost.

I actually like my sons Ridley Orion and would probably buy one of these and save the difference

With respect to the bike itself it is comfortable to ride, has performed faultlessly over the last year but there just seems to be something missing.

I do have upgraded wheels on the bike as i found these, which I already had, better than the DT Swiss Wheels that came with the bike
  • thanks a bunch guys and gals.
    some very good comments
  • Anyone else own the cube?

is it full on race or more comfort?

thanks