Vintage Jan de Reus...? Decisions, decisions!

nimchimpsky82
nimchimpsky82 Posts: 82
edited September 2013 in Road buying advice
Is the end of summer always such a good hunting season even for used and vintage bikes? :D Just came across a third possible bike, in addition to the classic Pina and Van Tuyl I've been ogling http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40042&t=12939783&p=18519198#p18519198. Also very large, this is a (what looks like 1980s) Reus, apparently with Campagnolo gruppo.

I've asked the seller for some more info, on the gruppo for example (my identification skills of 1980s Campagnolo are very limited, to say the least!). Meanwhile, would I be right in thinking that at just over £150 this might be a very solid deal?

vrejae.jpg
k1patx.jpg
n6n83.jpg

Comments

• Campagnolo Victory, not Record but still good. The rims are Galli, which are nice too... I think 150 quid is a decent price... I can tell from the houses it comes from Holland... :wink:
    left the forum March 2023
  • Campagnolo Victory, not Record but still good. The rims are Galli, which are nice too... I think 150 quid is a decent price... I can tell from the houses it comes from Holland... :wink:

Thanks, and spot on re the location :D My native country is good hunting territory for large bikes :)

I have just found out that the tubing is Aelle, which AFAIK is towards (at?) the lower end of the Columbus hierarchy at the time, so probably strong but not very light.

rm69ua.jpg

I have also learnt that the current owner is about 4" shorter than I am, with a 4" shorter inseam length as well. I'd prefer not to end up with an overly aggressive/uncomfortable saddle to bar drop, so the larger Pinarello and Van Tuyl are looking like better options now...