Do you own a drum fan?

CleeRider
CleeRider Posts: 304
edited September 2013 in Training, fitness and health
I'm thinking about getting a 30" or larger drum fan to keep me cool on the turbo but don't know if it will be too noisy for listening to laptop/music etc.
Does anyone own one and can give advice?

Comments

• You will definitely struggle to hear laptop speakers.... I would recommend amplifying via a stereo and hoping that your neighbours don't take offence. I have mine set up in the garage and often have to resort to subtitles if i'm watching a film etc. and need to understand exactly what is being said. Music is no problem via my stereo - but very loud! Fine for me but not sure how it goes down with the neighbours.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,141
    Could you use headphones/earphones? Possibly bluetooth or another wireless system?
  • Thanks. Forgot to ask - do you still need a fan when it's 3 degrees C in an open garage with the big sliding door up?
    I expect you do still need the warm air around you to be blown away.
  • Yes you will still sweat even when its really cold - I was turboing when it was sub zero last winter and you still sweat loads... I wouldn't Say you absolutely need a fan.. But you will when its slightly warmer
  • diamonddog
    diamonddog Posts: 3,426
    Yes you will still sweat even when its really cold - I was turboing when it was sub zero last winter and you still sweat loads... I wouldn't Say you absolutely need a fan.. But you will when its slightly warmer
    ^+1 for this and for music I just put the ipod on.
  • FatTed
    FatTed Posts: 1,205
    I think the best solution are some earbuds of what ever you like
    (Sennheiser IE 800 in-ear headphones if your mad)
    with some eardefenders over your ears and earbuds such as one of these
    http://catalogue.3m.eu/en_EU/EU-PPE/Ear ... _Ear_Muffs

The largest Fan you can find will be best (I have a 30 inch 200W power fan)
  • Yes you will still sweat even when its really cold - I was turboing when it was sub zero last winter and you still sweat loads... I wouldn't Say you absolutely need a fan.. But you will when its slightly warmer
    What Ali said - I warm up with some dynamic stretching then do a turbo session on the balcony in the winter sometimes, or with the balcony door wide open, and I still need a fan! And I live in Sweden, where it was -15 during some of my sessions...