Removal of Scam Thread

marktabs
marktabs Posts: 55
Hi Mods,

A few of the Bike Radar forum members were scammed making purchases in the Classified Section in the past couple of days. The scammer used the user name of DanielMcD. The thread was originally at this address, but now seems to have been removed.

As I am trying to make a claim for a refund through Paypal, it would be very helpful to have access to the original thread; indeed, I have already given the url of the thread to Paypal. Would it be possible to put the thread back in its original location? The thread could always be locked, preventing any further postings, if deemed necessary.

Thanks,

Mark

Comments

• For what it's worth, I agree. Paypal aren't exactly dedicated in their detective work, so being able to give them direct links so they can see exactly what happened and over what timescale has to be a huge help to gettting these guys their cash back.
    I appreciate no-one wants to give the impression that the place is full of scammers and that may be why the thread was taken off, but perhaps keeping it until it's all sorted is worth considering.
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    as the sales section auto pruns it has been moved to an area for safe keeping.

as i am sure you would prefer that to it disapearing into nothing.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Hi nicklouse,

Thanks for the reply.

Is it possible for you to PM the original post's current url to me so that I can report the scam? I am also going to report the fraud to the police via actionfraud, as suggested by velonutter; so, once again, I will need access to the post's url for the police to see it.

Many thanks in advance,

Mark
  • Velonutter
    Velonutter Posts: 2,437
    marktabs wrote:
    Hi nicklouse,

Thanks for the reply.

Is it possible for you to PM the original post's current url to me so that I can report the scam? I am also going to report the fraud to the police via actionfraud, as suggested by velonutter; so, once again, I will need access to the post's url for the police to see it.

Many thanks in advance,

Mark

Hi Mark,

I've just emailed you a copy of the thread in .pdf format.

If you need any further help then let me know?
  • Hi Velonutter,

Thanks for that - but unfortunately I haven't received any e-mail from you.

My bikeradar e-mail address works for the bikeradar newsletters and notification of pm's. Could I ask you to please check that you have used the correct e-mail address for me and try sending it again?

Thanks,

Mark
  • Velonutter
    Mark I have sent it to the one you have listed in BikeRadar, if you have an alternative one then please PM me or check your junk mail filter. It was sent to your hotmail.com account
  • Hi John,

Finally found it still on the Hotmail server!

The thread you have very kindly sent me a copy of was different to the one in which I was involved. The thread I would like a copy of is the one titled, "Shimano 105 Shifters/Front and Rear Mech/Brakes", started by DanielMcD; the one you have sent to me is titled, "Garmin Edge 705 w/ Road Maps".

If you are able to send me a copy of the "Shimano 105 Shifters/Front and Rear Mech/Brakes" thread, I would be very grateful.

Many thanks in advance,

Mark
  • Velonutter
    Check your emails Mark
  • Hi John,

I have now received the pdf copy of both threads.

Many thanks for all your time and trouble.

Cheers,

Mark