Berk

mfin
mfin Posts: 6,729
edited September 2013 in Road buying advice
Anyone fancy anything by Berk Composites for their bikes? Not surprised that there's a full carbon saddle. Strangely no Carbon Clinchers though.

dsc002811.jpg

dsc05407.jpg

Comments

• napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    I often look with fondness and wonder at his creations on WW. He did a saddle combo for Wiggins pre tour. His frame looks amazing.
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • Grill
    Grill Posts: 5,610
    I'll be picking up one of he saddles as soon as he's finished prototyping. Can't believe he's just a kid. Absolute artist with carbon.

Nothing odd about I'm not making carbon clinchers. He, like all true weight weenies, rides tubs.
    English Cycles V3 | Cervelo P5 | Cervelo T4 | Trek Domane Koppenberg
  • mfin
    Note to self: be less subtle.
  • Im definitely on the waiting list for one of the new proto-type saddle. Any idea on when he'll be finished tweaking the product?
  • mfin wrote:
    Note to self: be less subtle.

Well, given that it's his name. Are you 12?
  • mfin
    No. I'm 12 and three quarters.

I wouldn't have anything with Berk written on it on my bike though, or Prick or Tit for that matter... I bet I'm not the only one either.
  • Grill
    Grill Posts: 5,610
    Ain't no skin off my back. I ride a bright pink bike and could care less what others think of my lot. If anything I think it adds a certain Cockney flavour that you won't find on other components...
    English Cycles V3 | Cervelo P5 | Cervelo T4 | Trek Domane Koppenberg
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    146303_300.jpg
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • If you are really getting yourself that worked up over a removable sticker I would ask who the berk actually is?

It's a work of art

dsc05206.jpg

7582853578_ef061237c7_b.jpg

7582854236_c74efa1e36_b.jpg

8302011275_bf612da6ee_b.jpg
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    Is it just me who thinks it's a bad idea to have 'berk' written on your bike..?
  • Imposter wrote:
    Is it just me who thinks it's a bad idea to have 'berk' written on your bike..?

???
    mfin wrote:
    I wouldn't have anything with Berk written on it on my bike though, or Prick or Tit for that matter... I bet I'm not the only one either.

It would seem that you are not.
    "You really think you can burn off sugar with exercise?" downhill paul
  • DrLex
    DrLex Posts: 2,142
    Grill wrote:
    Ain't no skin off my back. I ride a bright pink bike and could care less what others think of my lot. If anything I think it adds a certain Cockney flavour that you won't find on other components...

Absolutely, especially the cock-er-knee angle - plus if people can read it, you're obviously cycling too slowly.