A Raleigh Militis ?

rickeverett
rickeverett Posts: 988
edited September 2013 in Road buying advice
Where can you get these from ?

No doubt most of us on here have owned a Raleigh bike as a kid etc but for a while now they have been of my radar until today. - A bloke stopped outside with a Raleigh Militis in full DA and I was pretty impressed- not only that but a he said they go for about £2000 !?

I have checked out Raleighs website but cant find that particular one.

EDIT: Think this was it but its a US site http://www.raleighusa.com/bikes/road/race/militis-3-13/

was just wondering as if you can get them for between £1500 and £2000 thats a tempting offer?

Comments

• navrig
    navrig Posts: 1,352
    Sounds like a disease!
  • Navrig wrote:
    Sounds like a disease!

I know. Trouble is, is the bike good for you? - Cant find the DA version I saw and its hard to find online.

Reviews however say its one of the best frames out there. :shock:
  • Navrig wrote:
    Sounds like a disease!

I know. Trouble is, is the bike good for you? - Cant find the DA version I saw and its hard to find online.

Reviews however say its one of the best frames out there. :shock:

They have done so many versions of the double triangle structure that it's hard to believe any improvement can still be made...

That bloke on the Dogma must have had quite a shock today when he saw three shiny steel frames back from the 80s passing him at twice the speed... but then he probably sighed in relief thinking how remarkably stiffer his frame is :wink:
    left the forum March 2023