No love for the Vuelta stage 8? **Spoiler**

tailwindhome
tailwindhome Posts: 18,878
edited September 2013 in Pro race
No idea what's happening.

Just stuck ES on 15.8k to go Cannondale leading the pack.

Seems to be a group of 10 or so from a mix of teams with a 1.06 lead.
“New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!

Comments

• tailwindhome
    Just on the climb now

8_perfil.png
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • jam1e
    jam1e Posts: 1,066
    Getting going now...
  • tailwindhome
    Roche takes the lead??????

Konig wins for Net App from Moreno in 2nd and Roche in 3rd

Nibs finishes 8s (?) down
  • josame
    josame Posts: 1,141
    Basso returns
    'Do not compare your bike to others, for always there will be greater and lesser bikes'
  • Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762
    Great ride from Konig. Was dropped early on too.

Nice to see Nico in red.

Nibali not looking dominant at the moment.
  • Turfle wrote:

There's some chatter that he might have dropped his chain with a KM or so to go
  • poppit
    poppit Posts: 926
    Turfle wrote:

There's some chatter that he might have dropped his chain with a KM or so to go
    Thought I saw him looking down at something
    Eddy Merckx EMX-3
    Dolan L'Etape
    Cougar Zero Uno
    Genesis Core 50
    Planet X TOR
  • MrTapir
    MrTapir Posts: 1,206
    Shame that Anton didnt have the legs at the end but its good to see Netapp Endura winning a big stage.

Can Carlton actually speak Spanish or is he just guessing?
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    This is where it hots up. A few uphills in the next few stages. Nibali isn't as dominant, it does appear to be wide open, still a few riders who were expected to contest and a few surprises such as Horner, invisible man Zubeldia, Nico and Konig. I'm really looking forward to the next couple of weeks, think it could be much closer than the two GTs so far this year.
  • Amazing lack of interest for a mountain stage in a Grand Tour.
    If Wiggins said he was thinking of entering Strictly Come Dancing, there would be 10 pages within 24 hours.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • cesco
    cesco Posts: 252
    That was an interesting climb in the end. Commentary cut off in the end and as much as I like José, watching like this for a change was quite nice. Looking forward to the rest of Andalusia!
  • Just as Chris Horner started to fade from view, out of the cupboard, the skeleton that is Ivan Basso!

Will it never end????
    'fool'
  • dave milne
    dave milne Posts: 703
    Vuelta has been seriously entertaining so far. Yet another really good stage with a surprise winner
  • smithy21
    smithy21 Posts: 2,204
    ^Agree.

Just watched the highlights and enjoyed it. Wide open GC.
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    So could Roche end up winning this or what?
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    It's anyone's guess. Unlike the Giro and Tour where there was only one winner.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    I enjoyed it very much. Only saw it today as was out yesterday.

Looks like the pointers to Basso's form were right - Hopefully as race goes on he'll get stronger.

Roche impressive, Konig very good.

Who remembers when everyone loved Horner? Back when Lance hated him. Now he's old and friends with Lance people hate him. Good times
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • afx237vi wrote:

Top ten all within a minute, give or take a couple of seconds. Time bonuses for stages. Very, very open.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • Frustratingly ive been without internet and tv so have missed he last couple of days and wilk miss today along with Plouay. Read the report and saw the photos on my phone though and am happy Roche has the lead for now and that the Vuelta is open. Great parcours so far and great that Konig got that win although I did feel sorry for Anton. Highlight though was Basso on form, showing why he is King of the Race Face, with head to toe impeccable style - pure class and check out his sidis.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    afx237vi wrote:

Roche was millimeters from being dropped just when they reached the top yesterday on a pretty 'easy' climb.
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    ThomThom wrote:
    afx237vi wrote:

Roche was millimeters from being dropped just when they reached the top yesterday on a pretty 'easy' climb.

Still finished ahead of all the main contenders.
  • thomthom
    Well, he has a good finish in him.
  • thomthom
    Not saying he isn't a contender. He obviously is. Just pointing out that he a rough time following Basso.
  • ^ Aside from the fact that the site above probably uses home-made pseudo-scientific b*llocks, the text speak jumbled style it's written in makes it hard to give any credibility
    Giant Trance X 2010
    Specialized Tricross Sport
    My Dad's old racer
    Trek Marlin 29er 2012
  • Got any good articles I can read rather than your posts?
    Contador is the Greatest
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137
    edited September 2013
    Got any good articles I can read rather than your posts?
    I would recommend Innumeracy by John Allen Paulos or Bad Science by Ben Goldacre. They would give you an insight as to why all these estimates are basically meaningless, but also how they are being misused by some..
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Amazing lack of interest for a mountain stage in a Grand Tour.
    If Wiggins said he was thinking of entering Strictly Come Dancing, there would be 10 pages within 24 hours.

Surely its just the case that the Vuelta coincides with holiday season? I've certainly been out of all social media/forum loops for past few weeks
  • Daz555
    Daz555 Posts: 3,976
    Amazing lack of interest for a mountain stage in a Grand Tour.
    Wow, Strictly! You got a link? :mrgreen:
    You only need two tools: WD40 and Duck Tape.
    If it doesn't move and should, use the WD40.
    If it shouldn't move and does, use the tape.