Vredestein fortezza tricomp slicks any good?

gaz047
gaz047 Posts: 601
edited August 2013 in Road buying advice
Hi, has anyone used the tricomp slicks (clincher) and if you have, what do you think?
Many thanks for any info.
Gaz
if it ain't rainin.....it ain't trainin
Stick your 'rules' up your a%se

Comments

• Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,561
    I've had a couple of sets of them, and they're quite a nice tyre to ride. They did seem a little prone to nicks, but round here, the roads are paved with broken razor blades anyway so everything gets shredded fairly fast.

They were *slightly* hard to fit compared to Schwalbe which are my other usual choice.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • gaz047
    Thanks a lot Wheelspinner. Sounds like most the roads round here!! I've currently got the normal tricomps (been using them for a few years now and have been impressed), but reckon a 60g saving per tyre is pretty good (providing the durability is still there). What sort of mileage are you getting from a set and how about pun?t!'es? Thanks again
  • trek_dan
    trek_dan Posts: 1,366
    Are they any worse in the wet than regualar treaded Fortezza Tricomps?
  • kangarouge
    kangarouge Posts: 210
    I used to use the Tricomps but I also found them to cut up too easily and so changed to using Vittoria Rubino Pro. They don't seem to roll quite as well as the Vredsteins' but they are cheaper and grip well, even in the wet.
  • gaz047
    Thanks a lot for your replies. I reckon I'll stick with the regular tricomps for now, maybe try the slicks for racing.
    By the way Ribble have em for £20 each at the mo. which is nice