Santa Cruz Bronson build.

Dick Scruttock
Dick Scruttock Posts: 2,533
edited May 2014 in Your mountain bikes
Building up a little mountain of parts that are just waiting for the new frame and forks to arrive then the build can commence:
P1030538.jpg

The spec is:
Santa Cruz Bronson M Tennis Yellow,
Fox 34 2014 Talas 150/130,
Fox CTD 2014 rear shock,
Reverb 30.9mm Stealth dropper,
Chris King Inset 3,
XTR M980 rear shifter,
Easton Havoc carbon bars,
Easton Haven 70mm stem,
XTR M986 Shadow + rear mech,
Fizik Gobi braided carbon saddle (seen more of my bikes than anything else!),
XTR Trail brakes,
XTR Trail pedals,
XTR chainset,
WolfTooth chainring 34T,
XT 10 speed rear cassette 11-36,
Leonardi racing General Lee 28-40 cassette adapter,
KMC X10SL chain,
e.thirteen XCX chain guide (not needed but I dont want to risk not running one I dont think as I am a pussy),
Hope Hoops ZTR Flow EX 650b wheelset,
Shimano Ice tech 180/160 rotors,
Maxxis High Roller II 27.5x2.3" TR 3C tyres.

Just waiting for my 650B ENVE AM wheelset on DT240S hubs. I might put Schwalbe tyres on these as the Maxxis are very porkie!

Roll on about 6 weeks time :cry:

The day has arrived :D

URL=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/RickDraper/media/Cycling/P1030561.jpg.html]P1030561.jpg[/URL]
P1030563.jpg
P1030574.jpg
P1030578.jpg
To my shock the 34's had plenty oil in the upper foam ring!
P1030565.jpg

Comments

• Lewis A
    Lewis A Posts: 767
    What frame?!?
    Cube Analog 2012 with various upgrades.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Some wheels would be good to!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Greer_
    Greer_ Posts: 1,716
    Haha I'm waiting for a frame too .... shame i get mine on Sunday! :P
  • ej2320
    ej2320 Posts: 1,543
    Lewis A wrote:
    What frame?!?

I think on another topic he said it's a SC Bronson!!

Literally my dream ride :evil:
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    ej2320 wrote:
    Lewis A wrote:
    What frame?!?

If you keep starting threads and don't buy a bike this'll be in the classfieds in a few months time :wink:
  • ej2320
    lawman wrote:
    ej2320 wrote:
    Lewis A wrote:
    What frame?!?

If you keep starting threads and don't buy a bike this'll be in the classfieds in a few months time :wink:

Yeaaa, went a bit overboard with the threads haha. I'm just gonna sit around collecting money then demo a load of bikes

I'm going to be drooling over this build though, so expensive.. I wish I had as much bike money as him..
  • lawman wrote:
    ej2320 wrote:
    Lewis A wrote:
    What frame?!?

Ha ha ha. I liked my Mojo, but I just never got on with it as well as I did my LTc, I loved that bike. I think the most underwhelming part of the Mojo was the 2013 Fox 34's, after riding a 2014 fork if I was keeping the Mojo the first thing I would do would be send it to mojo for the latest damper upgrade parts.

Still it's a good excuse to try 650B and the Bronson does look sweet. It's just a shame I might not get many miles on it if any before the weather closes in.
  • ej2320
    lawman wrote:
    ej2320 wrote:
    Lewis A wrote:
    What frame?!?

Ha ha ha. I liked my Mojo, but I just never got on with it as well as I did my LTc, I loved that bike. I think the most underwhelming part of the Mojo was the 2013 Fox 34's, after riding a 2014 fork if I was keeping the Mojo the first thing I would do would be send it to mojo for the latest damper upgrade parts.

Still it's a good excuse to try 650B and the Bronson does look sweet. It's just a shame I might not get many miles on it if any before the weather closes in.

At least it will look good hung on the wall ;)
  • Some tempory wheels have been bought and the list updated. Just need the fricking frame now.
  • ej2320
    Some tempory wheels have been bought and the list updated. Just need the ******* frame now.

Temporary!? That's my ideal wheelset for my new build
  • ej2320 wrote:
    Some tempory wheels have been bought and the list updated. Just need the ******* frame now.

Temporary!? That's my ideal wheelset for my new build

Yep, I will be buying some carbon rimmed wheels once my wallet has recovered from the cost of the frame and forks!
  • ej2320
    Wow... This is gonna be one expensive bike
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    ej2320 wrote:

You should see his road bikes... :lol:
  • ej2320
    My ambition is to have a job that means I can afford awesome bikes

This guy is living my dream ;)
  • ej2320
    lawman wrote:
    ej2320 wrote:

Oh my god..

That's a Bronson
    Cotic soul
    A spesh cavendish edition
    God knows what else...

I want to be this man when I'm older ;)
  • lawman wrote:
    ej2320 wrote:

Ha ha.
  • ej2320 wrote:
    lawman wrote:
    ej2320 wrote:

Oh my god..

That's a Bronson
    Cotic soul
    God knows what else...

I have got the following bikes:

Cotic Soul,
    Bronson on order,
    Cavendish edition Venge,
    S-works SL4,
    Ribble winter bike,
    Fat Chance Titanium,
    Fat Chance mk1 Shock a Billy,
    Fat Chance mk2 Shock a Billy,
    Fat Chance Prototype Shock a Billy that was ridden at the 1994 Downhill WC's in Vale 8) ,
    Gt Zaskar 1997 (my first real mountain bike).
  • ej2320
    ej2320 wrote:
    lawman wrote:
    ej2320 wrote:

Oh my god..

That's a Bronson
    Cotic soul
    God knows what else...

I have got the following bikes:

Cotic Soul,
    Bronson on order,
    Cavendish edition Venge,
    S-works SL4,
    Ribble winter bike,
    Fat Chance Titanium,
    Fat Chance mk1 Shock a Billy,
    Fat Chance mk2 Shock a Billy,
    Fat Chance Prototype Shock a Billy that was ridden at the 1994 Downhill WC's in Vale 8) ,
    Gt Zaskar 1997 (my first real mountain bike).

jesus..

That's some expensive kit
    Nice retro bikes there too
  • I wish I had bike like this guys though:
    viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12924035
    Have a search for some of his builds 8)
  • More bits arrived today:
    P1030551.jpg
    Just the big bits I am waiting for now.
  • ej2320
    Gonna be such an awesome bike..
  • Ibis has just sold so now the wait for the Bronson 8) hearing its likely to be 5-7 weeks off still :cry:
  • ej2320
    Someone else is waiting for their SOLO frame and they were told October - January latest

I would not be able to wait if I'd ordered Bronson... Which colour have you ordered?
  • Ibis has just sold so now the wait for the Bronson 8) hearing its likely to be 5-7 weeks off still :cry:

Ive got a medium carbon Bronson on order in tennis yellow. I contacted Santa Cruz UK today and they said they were expecting a shipment early to mid October but couldn't guarantee what would be on it until a few days befor it gets shipped. I'm hoping it will come soon as I've been waiting a month already and I'm not good at waiting usually, got all the bits ready too.

ill update this forum if i hear anything.
  • Aww mate hurry up and get the frame already ... God dammit !!! lol lol
  • jez1984 wrote:
    Ibis has just sold so now the wait for the Bronson 8) hearing its likely to be 5-7 weeks off still :cry:

Ive got a medium carbon Bronson on order in tennis yellow. I contacted Santa Cruz UK today and they said they were expecting a shipment early to mid October but couldn't guarantee what would be on it until a few days befor it gets shipped. I'm hoping it will come soon as I've been waiting a month already and I'm not good at waiting usually, got all the bits ready too.

ill update this forum if i hear anything.

The waiting is torture! If I want something I am used to getting it and not having to wait LOL.
  • I know that feeling well!

Desperate to get my Votec VS.X Enduro build on the trails!

Ordered the front mech, paid an extra €10 for next day delivery...wrong mech! Ordered the correct mech another €10 cos I want it now!! and obviously gotta pay to send the first one back so the seemed-cheap-at-the-time €30 mech will end up costing nearly twice that.

Oh well, replacement will be here tomorrow and now just waiting on a shifter from Merlin and I'll be much happier than you :wink:

http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12927265
    "Why have that extra tooth if you're not using it?" - Brian Lopes

Votec V.SX Enduro 'Alpine Thug' 2012/2013 build

Trek Session 8
  • Got a pair of wheels ready and waiting for it now and a General Lee on the way :D

Wheels are Hope Hoops with ZTR Flow EX rims. You cannot beat them VFM wise and they will be great until I get chance to collect my ENVE's. Also the fact someone damaged a ENVE on a trail I ride a lot means I will use the Hope's for a lot of my local riding.
  • Got the Maxxis tyres today, all the way from Australia! They still worked out cheaper than at UK prices even with delivery. if there had been customs charges the price would have been the same as the UK but there was not so its all good. Oh and there is just the small matter that no where in the UK or Europe has stock of the 3C compound at the minute!

I was considering been anally retentive and weighing every part but I really cannot be arsed so I will just bore people with interesting pictures of tyres and the like LOL:

P1030558.jpg
    P1030559.jpg
    P1030560.jpg
  • chick0
    chick0 Posts: 338
    I spent some time on a friends Bronson a few weeks ago, its a very dialed in bike. It just felt right as soon as i turned a pedal. You are going to love it i'm sure.