Sizing advice required from Commencal meta AM 29 owners

Re-Cycle
Re-Cycle Posts: 83
edited August 2013 in MTB general
Hi. I would be intrested in hearing from any Commencal Meta AM 29 owners. Im 5'11" bare foot so am looking at either a medium or large. I know that the sizing chart would suggest a large but at 19.5 it seems a bit big? Please could you let me know your height and what size you ride thanks.

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Height is rough indicator of size. Whatis your inside leg and arm length?
  • Re-Cycle
    For arm measurement should i measure down to my wrist or tip of index finger?
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    As much info as you can give!
  • Re-Cycle
    Inside leg is 31inch shoulder to wrist is 22 inch and to tip of index finger is 30 inch. At mo i have a large boardman team which is 19 inch frame and thats fine but i have rode a 20 inch hardtail and that was a bit of a stretch. I know its best to get on a bike and try it but struggling to find any near me (lancs) as would be ordering on line.
  • robertpb
    robertpb Posts: 1,866
    There's something strange with those measurements because mine are the same, but you're 5' 11" and I'm 5' 5".

Alright the arm length can be a bit where from but inside leg?
    Now where's that "Get Out of Crash Free Card"
  • Re-Cycle
    I have very stumpy legs for my height every pair of jeans i get i have to get taken up. 32 leg are far to long lol. If my legs were in proportion then im sure i would be at least 6'2"
  • robertpb
    robertpb Posts: 1,866
    You can't go by trouser sizes, the best way I've found to measure is to stand with your back to a wall use a hardback book between the legs and press up into the soft tissue up to the bone, making sure the Crown Jewels are out of the way first, and keep the book square to the wall.

It's the same reason you can't use trouser waist sizes for your waist measurement, many a bloke thinks he has a 34" waist because that's the size in trousers he buys, when the tape measure comes out it's more likely to be 36-38".
    Now where's that "Get Out of Crash Free Card"
  • Re-Cycle
    My wife kindly assisted with re measuring my inside leg and it's 31 tops. I think my parents must have kept in a pram that was too small for me as something when I was a baby!!