La Vuelta, Stage 7, *Spoilers*

victorponf
victorponf Posts: 1,187
edited September 2013 in Pro race
Profile and weather:

cbbt.jpg

Could be important:

Wind will be light on the almost journey. It will blow Northeasterly and Easterly wind on the all course being from left side and favourable for the cyclists from the departure to the arrival.
If you like Flandes, Roubaix or Eroica, you would like GP Canal de Castilla, www.gpcanaldecastilla.com

Comments

• Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    Great stage yesterday but I'm struggling to love a Grand Tour that can have Chris Horner sat so high on GC. Hopefully that will be rectified at some point.
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • victorponf
    victorponf Posts: 1,187
    Great stage yesterday but I'm struggling to love a Grand Tour that can have Chris Horner sat so high on GC. Hopefully that will be rectified at some point.

Next Andalucian´s mountains stages will solve that
    If you like Flandes, Roubaix or Eroica, you would like GP Canal de Castilla, www.gpcanaldecastilla.com
  • LeicesterLad
    LeicesterLad Posts: 3,908

I'm struggling with the Vuelta this year, In fact I'm struggling with cycling this year. Everything pre and since the Giro has been a right snooze. I'm losing the love here guys. :(
  • I'm enjoying the Vuelta so far =(

My biggest gripe the past few days has been bikeradar deciding to keep logging me out of the bloody forums!

So far it looks like today's stage will actually be one for the sprinters =p
  • gsvbagpuss
    gsvbagpuss Posts: 272
    What sprinters?!
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,149
    GSVBagpuss wrote:
    What sprinters?!
    Tyler Fa...
    Yeah. What sprinters?
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • smithy21
    smithy21 Posts: 2,204
    Today's breakaway of Knees, Pinotti and Aramendia about 2 mins up the road with 38km to run.

Looks like today the peloton have it all under control.
  • smithy21
    18km left. Break pretty much back. Katusha's pisspot express on the front.
  • smithy21
    11km to go. Dan Martin on the deck and bike change.
  • MrTapir
    MrTapir Posts: 1,206
    Sounds like Pinotti went on his own, but Cancellara brought him back. He's well up for showing the other TTers he's still got it eh.
  • smithy21
    7.4km to go. Gilbert and Stybar off the front with a decent gap.
  • smithy21
    Hmm. 4km left. 6 seconds.
  • smithy21
    Bit tight and twisty. Better for the two out front but now on open roads again. Under 2km.
  • smithy21
    1km and 12 secs.
  • smithy21
    Stybar takes it as the bunch just fails to get there. Looked very close with Gilbert.
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    Some bloody good finals we get in the absence of pure sprinters and their teams.
  • MrTapir
    MrTapir Posts: 1,206
    nice commentary Smithy. I'll definintely be checking the higlights out. "today is one for the sprinters..." ho hum.
  • wow, razor thin winning margin for Stybar
  • smithy21
    ThomThom wrote:
    Some bloody good finals we get in the absence of pure sprinters and their teams.

+1
  • cesco
    cesco Posts: 252
    RichN95 wrote:
    GSVBagpuss wrote:
    What sprinters?!
    Tyler Fa...
    Yeah. What sprinters?

Imagine how Theo Bos must feel now..

Missed the race. Hopefully the highlights will do it justice.
  • smithy21
    Dan Martin loses time. Came in at 1 min 33.
  • knedlicky
    knedlicky Posts: 3,097
    wow, razor thin winning margin for Stybar
    Yep, it looked to me at most a tyre width.

(Stybar immediately celebrated and the ex-profi commentator I was following said the riders always know. I hope that Trott woman was following the same commentary)
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,929
    smithy21 wrote:
    Dan Martin loses time. Came in at 1 min 33.

DM2-600x401.jpg

http://www.stickybottle.com/races-resul ... -continue/
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,929
    Dan Martin is out apparently.

1185644_399269756839756_1749713552_n.jpg
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • Ah not good for Martin. He was going well and had a chance to place well overall.

Am annoyed Gilbert didnt get that...closest he has come to a win this season and a season without a win as WC would be sad.
    Contador is the Greatest