Bikehubstore (Bitex) SL211 and 11 speed Shimano

majormantra
majormantra Posts: 2,094
edited September 2013 in Workshop
I'm considering switching from 10 speed Campag to 11 speed Shimano. One of my wheelsets has the BHS SL211 rear hub. I emailed Brandon at BHS and he said the SL210 11 speed freehub should work but he offers no guarantees.

Can anyone confirm this? And does anyone know of a more local source for the freehub? I gather the hub is probably the Bitex Rar13 but I'm not aware of anyone round here stocking Bitex parts.

Cheers!

Comments

• ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,248
    Forthe freehub, you should give a call to Strada, their hubs seem to me rebadged Bitex.
    I do have a Shimano Bitex freehub, but it's a 2012 one, so should be 10 speed and not 11. Someone the other day pointed out you can use Campagnolo 11 cassettes on a Shimano 11 system... as you are in a shop maybe it's worth plugging a shifter in a find out? Could be interesting for the all forum...

Imagine the rapid spread of Shimergo drivetrains.... :mrgreen:
    left the forum March 2023
  • majormantra
    From what I've read I'm sure a Shimano 11 system would work ok with a Campag cassette, but if I'm spending £££ on a new groupset I want it to work perfectly.

Will look into Strada, although given that they don't appear to sell their own hubs separately I'd be surprised if they can help.
  • majormantra
    Gave Strada a call and the guy was friendly and said he'd try to find out and give me a call back. If nothing comes of that I'm going to take a gamble on the SL210 freehub.
  • majormantra
    Strada unable to help unfortunately so I've ordered the SL210 freehub. Fingers crossed.
  • cycleclinic
    cycleclinic Posts: 6,865
    The spocket spacing of campag 11 speed and shimano 11 speed is so close that you will find these cassette interchangeable if you set the indexing up from the middle of the cassette. Finally compatability between the two systems.
    http://www.thecycleclinic.co.uk -wheel building and other stuff.
  • majormantra
    That doesn't make it any less offensive to my OCD tendencies. :)
  • Just to follow up, I can confirm that that the SL210 freehub works perfectly on the SL211.