Bike Computer

danfletcher
danfletcher Posts: 2
edited August 2013 in Road buying advice
Hi Guys,

I am looking to get a new GPS/Bike computer. I have recently got a turbo trainer so i need a computer with a rear wheel speed gauge. I would also like it to have a cadence meter too and possibly a HR monitor, could anyone give me some advice?

Thanks

Comments

• meursault
    meursault Posts: 1,433
    Hi Guys,

I am looking to get a new GPS/Bike computer. I have recently got a turbo trainer so i need a computer with a rear wheel speed gauge. I would also like it to have a cadence meter too and possibly a HR monitor, could anyone give me some advice?

Thanks

A cheeky reply would be, use the search function.

I have Garmin edge 800, very happy with it, does all you require.

http://www.dcrainmaker.com/product-reviews
    Superstition sets the whole world in flames; philosophy quenches them.

Voltaire
  • supermurph09
    supermurph09 Posts: 2,471
    Welcome to the forum, the search facility will help you but a Garmin Edge 500 with HRM+Cadence bundle will be all you need. Around £160 for the lot.
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Welcome to the forum, the search facility will help you but a Garmin Edge 500 with HRM+Cadence bundle will be all you need. Around £160 for the lot.

This.

/THREAD
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • 100%
    100% Posts: 236
    Hi,

I thought I'd jump in here rather than start another thread - I've always found it a little odd that there's a speed sensor with a GPS-enabled device. Is this generally intended for use with fixed trainers or is it required for accurate measurements on-bike?

On another note, what's the opinion on the Forerunner910XT and 310XT? Anybody using these? I'm thinking of switching to Garmin - previously used Polar - partly because the software seems a little "better" and web based but I wouldn't mind something I can use running too.

Cheers,
    Steve
  • meursault
    meursault Posts: 1,433
    100% wrote:
    Hi,

I thought I'd jump in here rather than start another thread - I've always found it a little odd that there's a speed sensor with a GPS-enabled device. Is this generally intended for use with fixed trainers or is it required for accurate measurements on-bike?

On another note, what's the opinion on the Forerunner910XT and 310XT? Anybody using these? I'm thinking of switching to Garmin - previously used Polar - partly because the software seems a little "better" and web based but I wouldn't mind something I can use running too.

Cheers,
    Steve

http://www.dcrainmaker.com/product-reviews
    Superstition sets the whole world in flames; philosophy quenches them.

Voltaire
  • wongataa
    wongataa Posts: 1,001
    100% wrote:
    Hi,

It's for use with stationary bikes and if you want greater accuracy with moving bikes.