tri shorts, that actually good for cycling

blablablacksheep
blablablacksheep Posts: 1,377
edited August 2013 in Road buying advice
Got Tri coming up and coming from a pair of castelli body paint shorts I'm concerned the Tri ones well destroy my jewels...

Any recommendations of good Tri shorts?..
Thanks
London2Brighton Challange 100k!
http://www.justgiving.com/broxbourne-runners

Comments

• arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Why don't you tri asking in Triathlon Plus discussion :P
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • joenobody
    joenobody Posts: 563
    Depends on the distance I suppose. I've done 28km in my Sugoi trisuit with no problems. The pad in that is significantly thinner than in my Shutt bibs. You'd probably be ok up to Olympic distance in most tri kit. Beyond that just take your bibs and change in transition.
  • graeme_s-2
    graeme_s-2 Posts: 3,382
    I've done a half iron distance race in a tri suit. I normally like good quality bibs for cycling, but I've never had any problems with a tri suit. I think generally my mind is otherwise too occupied to notice any minor discomfort from a thin chamois.
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    I've done IM distance in a tri suit - the shorts are the least of your worries. I do quite like my Fusion tri shorts - they're very well made - they are a snug fit though.
  • jordan_217
    jordan_217 Posts: 2,580
    I managed to find a pair of Craft cycle specific waist shorts that had a decent (Craft refer to it as 'Elite') chamois. I had no problems with the added bulk or it retaining water after a swim.

You could always just buy a pair of cheap DHB waist shorts. I wouldn't use cycling ones for pool swims though, the chlorine would reduce their lifespan.
    “Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired.”
  • gaz047
    gaz047 Posts: 601
    Mainly race middle distance using 2xu shorts and top. Although the pads thin I've had no problems with discomfort and they're fine for the run too.
    if it ain't rainin.....it ain't trainin
    Stick your 'rules' up your a%se