The "Winter's on it's Way" Friday Morning Thread...

thekickingmule
thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
edited August 2013 in The Crudcatcher
Morning Losers!

It was pretty much pitch black when I woke at 5:30 this morning. Stupid winter.
Today's plan is going through application forms for a new minion. We got rid of about 30 or 40 yesterday, seriously, graduates need lessons in how to apply for a job, some of these are just aweful!

Not sure if I'm off to Bury tonight or tomorrow, people are discussing my transportation needs behind my back :evil:

Laters!
It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
Blender Cube AMS Pro

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,860
    people are discussing my transportation needs behind my back :evil:

Mobility scooter?

Winter is def coming - today we are just outside Bristol, dark and the first sight of rain :(

Today will hopefully get us well into Cornwall, ready for finishing tomorrow. The family are arriving later so fun and drinks will be had later.

Right off to as much bacon, etc I can get from the hotel
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    morning all,

what's this wet stuff falling from the sky? fark off!!!

good ride last night with northern monkey, i'd forgotten how good those trails were 8) saw some knobber on an orange 5 riding the downhillish trails without a helmet, what a belmet!

anyway TFIF...laters :D
  • Sarnian
    Sarnian Posts: 1,451
    Morning you lot

Start of my holiday today so it's off out on the bike this morning then of shopping with GF and lunch :shock: then I got to see a mate with a bad case of trench foot to see what I can do to help.
    It's not a ornament, so ride It
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Mehning bumders

Last day of placements for the summer today. Tomorrow it's off to the lake district for a week(ish) of bikes and also other stuff that isn't bikes.

TTFN
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    Hello scuttlers

Sorry I've not been around to entertain you by being awesome, but you know, I'm a busy man so get over it.

Work today until lunch time then something or other this afternoon.

Can I mention cc2cc, you know where a load of cruddites ride across a country? Well anyway I know it's payday for a lot of you so how about you go to justgiving.com/cc2cc and give us cash for Cancer Research, otherwise I will hunt you down and wear your skin as a fashionable raincoat

Tarrah
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Good Morning Ladies,

Wee this will be my first weekend in my flat, i can't ride still and no tv or internets so stuck with DVD/Blu ray and my old school dreamcast for alot of the weekend not so great. But on the whole still positive I'm not going to get moaned at all weekend by a miserable cow of a house mate.

So gonna go explore my local area, maybe i have a local pub full orange newport people to take the micky out of.

Laters
  • Morning homos.

Today I am mostly suffering with the worst hangover any human being has ever had.

Blergh!

Our finance director (my boss) has just come in and given us all specific instructions not to do any work today because we're all still steaming and we're a liability.

My job is ace!
  • rgliniany
    rgliniany Posts: 753
    Morning tubes!

Summer is on its way for me :D happy days!!

enjoy the cold and stuff ;)
    It's a boy , It's a boy , I Shouted Running Into The Street With Tears Running Down My Face.....

That's The Last Time I Holiday In Thailand

URL Pinkbike
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,452
    edited August 2013
    Morning Losers!

It was pretty much pitch black when I woke at 5:30 this morning. Stupid winter.
    Winter up North - 22 deg and sunny down here in the subtropical south. Wish it would cool down a bit as I'm sweating like a pig on the pedal in.

Morning 'Tards,

Woke up with a tank full of awesomeness and beat my personal best for the pedal to work by 2 clear minutes. The 'Wacky races' duel between me and some roadie through South London kinda helped. By time we got into Central London he was incredibly farked off that he couldn't drop a bloke wearing baggies and riding a hybrid, so it was all worth it :) This eve is another beer or two before pedalling home and sleeping.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • ste_t
    ste_t Posts: 1,599
    Meh,

Workmehwork, which is unfortunately the highlight of my day. Today is day 1 of the 11 in a row that I am working. As work is having such a detrimental effect on both my ability to have a life and to train as much as I want to for the cc2cc, I am now on the lookout for a new career. Considering I am currently working 20-30 hours extra per week for free, I'm willing to take less money to work normal hours.

Any suggestions for a new career? I've already ruled out being a rent boy. Just because you are in Team Sausage does not mean that you like sausage.

Laterz
  • MissCMC
    MissCMC Posts: 545
    Property Solicitor? When one of the software people in the other part of the company said he had calculated that he had worked 15 minutes of overtime unpaid each week for the last year that he would never get back, we nearly lynched him. I have managed to pick up about 7 contracts over the last two days to check and my team have gone way over target after a recount of the numbers, all at the expense of a life.

Happy it is the weekend although Bridezilla and Brother in Law are home and will be bossing about. Hair cut and colour tomorrow and then the rest of the day will be spent finishing off the hand sewing parts on four bridesmaid dresses. Sunday will be spent hiding from Bridezilla since she has banned me from riding bikes so that I cannot turn up with more scars for photos.
    Sarcasm: Because punching someone in the face is illegal.
  • ste_t
    ste_t Posts: 1,599
    Unfortunately I doubt my gcse in Latin will get me a job as a solicitor! Distinct lack of qualifications I'm afraid
  • YeehaaMcgee
    YeehaaMcgee Posts: 5,740
    Stupid winter.
    It's August, don't be a spaz.

Today is an achey day, trying to avoid as much work as possible, then off to the fracture clinic in the afternoon.
    Yaaaaay :roll:
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    Hola beeatches!

Getting H'd, loafing, watching sport, fettling stuff, possible bike miles, BBQ, did i mention getting H'd and keeping Mrs 13 off my back are all things that will be happening from now until monday at 0800 in whatever order they decide to visit me!

Hope you freaks all have a reet good un!

Tarrar!
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • Stupid winter.
    It's August, don't be a spaz.
    I was being facetious, though the ankle in plaster makes me a spaz.
    Today is an achey day, trying to avoid as much work as possible, then off to the fracture clinic in the afternoon.
    What have you done? Are you joining the spaz pool?
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • Richie63
    Richie63 Posts: 2,132
    Evening All

What is this about winter fk me we'll mention Christmas next :roll:

Anyway making the most of the dry Peak we had a ride over Cutgate today and bone dry it was too. :D Off to get a curry now as a reward for just being.
    I'm going to blow the bank on a new build ( within reason ) NOW DONE!!
    http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss14 ... 010362.jpg
  • YeehaaMcgee
    broken hand. Just found out about an hour ago that the loose half of my finger has rotated markedly out of place, so I'm going to have surgery on it next week.
  • Ouch. Gutted. Surgery isn't good, though if it cures it then it is.
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • Today is an achey day, trying to avoid as much work as possible, then off to the fracture clinic in the afternoon.
    broken hand. Just found out about an hour ago that the loose half of my finger has rotated markedly out of place, so I'm going to have surgery on it next week.

Bah, that really sucks man.

Most importantly though, how long before you'll be good to get back on the bikes?
  • YeehaaMcgee
    Not sure, maybe a week or two before I'm back on the roadie. Maybe 6 to 8 weeks before the mountain bike. Surgeon reckoned it's unlikely I'll be ready for the coed y brenin enduro, first weekend of October.
  • Bad times. Sorry to hear that.

However, as it's the crudcatcher, I hope you left the surgeon in a ditch with his head on backwards, and immediately went out and did some DH 1-handed!
  • YeehaaMcgee
    I made him give me a hand job, will that do?

You know, I may not crash often, but when I do, I make sure it counts!