Plastic pedals?

Myster101
Myster101 Posts: 856
edited August 2013 in MTB buying advice
Just bought my 6 y/o daughter her first proper mountain bike (which she loves). Problem is it has metal 'bear trap' pedals, as we used to call them. I'm after a half decent pair of plastic pedals with decent grip that won't shred her shins as much if she slips off them. Any ideas?

Cheers all.

Scott Genius MC 30 RIP
Nukeproof Mega AM 275 Comp
Cube LTD Rigid Commuter
Ribble 7005 Sportive

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Cre8 are OK, harder plastic so the pins grip shoes a bit better than the cheaper ones, but they won't gash you like metal. I have some on my town hack (makes the bike look not worth stealing) and for a young child they also come in a range of colours (neon pink and lime green included). Halford used to sell them, not sure if they still do.

EDIT: yup http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stor ... yId_165566
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Myster101
    Myster101 Posts: 856
    Thanks mate, will pop through to my local store and pick some up.

Scott Genius MC 30 RIP
    Nukeproof Mega AM 275 Comp
    Cube LTD Rigid Commuter
    Ribble 7005 Sportive