Rotor 3D+ Crankset removal

nareloc
nareloc Posts: 11
edited August 2013 in Workshop
I've got a Rotor 3D+ Crankset on my two year old Focus Izalco Pro. I have removed all sorts of cranks before without any problems, but these baffle me! Do I need any special tools, and when I do get it off is replacing it just a matter of reverse procedure?
Any help/advice most welcome!
Rotor3D.jpg
Mike

Comments

• napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    It's a doddle. I just googled Rotor 3D+ crank removal and followed the instructions. You just need Allen keys.
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • You just need an 8mm Allen key and a shimano cassette lockring tool.
    Undo and Remove the red bolt with the 8mm Allen key. Insert your shimano lock ring tool and undo and remove the silver extraction ring - noting the way it comes out.
    Screw the red bolt back in, and then turn over the silver extraction ring and re insert over the red bolt and do it up hand tight.
    You then unwind the the red bolt until it touches the extraction ring and then keep on winding it undone. The crank will then pull off as you unwind.
    To put it all back together you simply re insert the extraction ring the same way you originally took it out, and then just tighten up the red bolt after...... Simples
  • nareloc
    Thanks very, much speedy, that's a great help, I will get to work on that tomorrow. I have searched high and low on the interweb but could only find instructions on removing the Rotor 3d cranks, nothing on the 3d➕the method is different.
    Mike
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    :? When I googled it it was the first hit, I downloaded the PDF into my iBooks for future ref.
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • nareloc
    Thank you, I am now fully armed with the info I need :-)
    Mike