Thursday Morning Thread...

thekickingmule
thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
edited August 2013 in The Crudcatcher
Morning Losers!

I'm up and eating my breakfast ready for the taxi man to arrive. I'm very glad work is paying for the taxi's, however I wouldn't mind the money up front as my bank balance is falling rapidly!

Nice simple day at work today, so hoping I'll be home by 1. I need to be careful I don't get to used to this part time milarky, as I have to say it's very appealing, but I'm currently on full time wages, so it's not exactly fair.

Laters!
It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
Blender Cube AMS Pro

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    TKM - so you can get drunk in work and they pay for you to get home!

Moaning

Today is day five of JOGLE and will see us clear the midlands and hopefully near Bristol. Not stinking as much as last night tonight as my body I'd a temple

Laters
  • Sarnian
    Sarnian Posts: 1,451
    Morning :D

Last day of work and that's me until September 10th, happy days
    It's not a ornament, so ride It
  • GregP
    GregP Posts: 23
    Tonight I will be at the running club moving a shed. This is what reformed triathletes do by way of rehab.
    Commuting: Brompton M3L (2009) - FCN 13
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    morning all,

bike is in the car ready to go for a ride with northern monkey later. lots and lots of paper work to do today, it seems lately that I do more paper work than actual work ffs!

laters
  • ste_t
    ste_t Posts: 1,599
    Morning,

Much frustration and cursing last night trying to get the new bike finished. Touch and go as to whether I can get it finished and out for a ride today.

Laters
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Morning ladies,

ANother lovely relaxed night in my new pad i can get used to this!

otherwise still cant ride at the moment feeling fat and lazy!

Laters
  • ol\'gregg
    ol\'gregg Posts: 612
    Bore Da Pawb.

Started at 7:30 and have already finished all my work for today so will be finishing at 2pm then have 4 days off to make up for working over the bank holiday.

Toodle ooh
    gochel chan ddynion i mewn blew beisiau achos hwy cadernid bod eirth
  • pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    welshkev wrote:
    bike is in the car ready to go for a ride with northern monkey later.

Where you going today? So jealous - you seem to ride downhill nearly everyday in the best places. So lame living in whats got to be the flatest county in the UK.
  • welshkev
    welshkev wrote:
    bike is in the car ready to go for a ride with northern monkey later.

Where you going today? So jealous - you seem to ride downhill nearly everyday in the best places. So lame living in whats got to be the flatest county in the UK.

going to ride some trails that I haven't ridden in about 18 months around castle coch just outside Cardiff.

we're so lucky where we live. within a 20 min ride I have 5 amazing downhill trails and a load of xc trails. within an half hour drive I have literally hundreds of trails to choose from.

today will be xc south wales style though. probably about 18km riding and the downs are like mini downhill tracks but that's just normal around here :lol:

I can see this track from my house

http://www.pinkbike.com/video/229679/
  • pesky_jones
    Hmmm :evil: Wanna swap? Essex is a lovely lovely place.
  • Thewaylander

No it's not :P
  • Morning homos!

Got an offsite going on today with work. Much free lunch and other "team building" guff.

This will be followed by a free dinner, free drinks and the Ocean Colour Scene gig tonight.

Giggidy!
  • pesky_jones

Ah you got me. Well, it depends if you like your women orange and your pockets empty
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,166

Ah you got me. Well, it depends if you like your women orange and your pockets empty
    That could apply to both Essex and Wales...

Afternoon Oxygen Thieves,

Another day at the office but soon to be broken up by the recruitment shark who placed me here finally taking me out for lunch with some of the mahoosive commission he made from making an introduction. Then out for some Thursday evening debauchery in the West End later :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pesky_jones
    Stevo 666 wrote:

That could apply to both Essex and Wales...

Edit: if you like your women orange, your pockets empty and your sheep virgin?
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,166
    Edit: if you like your women orange, your pockets empty and your sheep virgin?
    I dunno, I've heard that once you get close to the Suffolk border thare's a bit of 'hind legs down the wellies' activity going on.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Thewaylander
    Least Wales has mountains and trails to make up for the awful Orange dwarves... I mean there so bad Mankind turned to the lovely sheep as the best alternative!
  • pesky_jones
    Least Wales has mountains and trails to make up for the awful Orange dwarves

Nothing wrong with a good satsuma...
  • Thewaylander
    oh yes there is plenty... firstly crabs... bad aids.
  • pesky_jones
    Yeah and when you eat them, it bursts and burns your eyes.
  • MissCMC
    MissCMC Posts: 545
    Lovely discussion above.

Work is much the same as normal though I am sure people are hiding things from me that I have seen. Things are going missing in this office. I am not amused.

Appraisal this afternoon. Wonder what joys that will bring other than being an hour of telling me I need to take more responsibility. I wonder where I will get the time to do that running the highest file load in the firm and making it the most money, but hey, least I don't have to deal with clients for the afternoon so there is a small silver lining. Over target again this month which is nice.

Brother in law to be is irritating me. He better stay out of my way this weekend or there will be sharp implements used to remove vital body parts. His current crazy idea is that the marquee needs security guards for the nights after it goes up...
    Sarcasm: Because punching someone in the face is illegal.
  • Thewaylander
    Tell him the crudders charge £150 an hour security
  • pesky_jones
    MissCMC wrote:
    Lovely discussion above.
    These discussions are native to the CC, and in their current rare state - encouraged thouroughly.
  • welshkev
    MissCMC wrote:
    . His current crazy idea is that the marquee needs security guards for the nights after it goes up...

that's not such a crazy idea, when I used to work in the events hire business I've known marquees to be nicked :shock: we used to hire some old dude who'd just sit in his car all night and call the police if anything happened
  • Thewaylander
    150 an hour....
  • MissCMC
    MissCMC Posts: 545
    I'm not paying you to sleep on the job, drink all the booze that will be in it and eat all the food! My uncle has put him in touch with some agricultural contractors who know some guys who collect debts and run doors. This could be interesting... Brother in Law doesn't deal well with the natives round there at the best of times. My uncle can't stand him.
    Sarcasm: Because punching someone in the face is illegal.