JOGLE - tapering

tlw1
tlw1 Posts: 21,862
edited August 2013 in Tour & expedition
I’m just shy of two weeks away from my first JOGLE, which a friend and I are aiming for a maximum of 8 days (heart of heart – would love to do 7).

The question to experienced cycle explorers – is do you taper or ride up to the last moment? In training I have averaged 200 miles a week with a 600 mile week at the start of the month.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Skeets
    Skeets Posts: 81
    Good luck and a safe journey . i carried on with my normal training up to a week before i left. then i just lowered the mileage down per ride and on the day before i travel down to lands end i did some 3min sprint intervals on the turbo trainer ( felt good for me & released some tension/nerves) .
  • tlw1
    thanks! The nerves are building!
  • I'm starting my Taper for a LEJOG starting a week on Saturday. This week I plan to still get somewhere close to 400 miles. Then next week I will drop down to about 100 (which is just 4 days in and out of work) with a little spin on Friday afternoon just to double check the bike before I start.

Good luck with your trip. Hopefully the weather will hold of for both our sakes.
  • tlw1
    Paul

Good luck with yours, wonder if we will see each other along the way!
  • Tusher
    Tusher Posts: 2,762
    Good Luck to you both!
  • tlw1
    Tusher wrote:
    Good Luck to you both!

Thank you, I just need to remember what they say "a bad day on the bike, is better than a great day in the office"
  • matthew h wrote:
    Paul

Good luck with yours, wonder if we will see each other along the way!

Thanks very much, same to you! Enjoy your ride and if you see a worn out looking bloke on a white TT bike passing on the other side of the road that could well be me!
  • I didn't do much in the week prior to my JOGLE, except go to the toilet every time I thought about what I was doing.... :shock:

Enjoy your ride, I certainly did. You will get emotional and tired, but have great fun at the same time.
    My JOGLE website is below if you want a little look into my ride.
  • Just realised, I am a bit late replying.... :roll: