Midweek Morning Thread

angry_bird
angry_bird Posts: 3,786
edited August 2013 in The Crudcatcher
Morning bumders

Wednesday already, I love bank holidays. Had a busy day yesterday, am hoping today will be quieter. Few bits for the SS build arrived yesterday so that's starting to just about take shape, hopefully more parts will arrive today and I can do some more this evening.

Laters

Comments

• Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    Mornin' window lickers

Dammit! It looks like the weekends radiator failure on the wagon may have taken out the head gasket. F**ksticks. On the plus side, at least it's not an expensive repair, just long winded. Well, I know what I'm doing at the weekend.

My day has been crimped. And I've got a three hour meeting to attend as well. How lucky am I?

Onwards! To coffee! So very much coffee!
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • Morning Losers!

Well, I'm back in work with my leg in a nice light blue pot. So many things to do at work, that I agreed to come back in (all computer based, so nothing strenuous in it). I'm going to have a word with HR though as my sick note says I can come back to work on a 'phased return' and 'amended duties', so I'm going to try and get 3 days, or at least half days, or best scenario, 3 half days :D

Will let you know the outcome.

Laters!
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    morning all,

2nd ride out on the nomad last night and it felt like I was cruising around slowly, checked strava and I smashed 5 pb's 8) plenty more left in the tank then.

other than that, not much to do today.

laters
  • Sarnian
    Sarnian Posts: 1,451
    Morning, been up must the night thanks to our deranged old cat (19 years old) so did not get up for my morning ride, now I'm I little on the grumpy side.
    It's not a ornament, so ride It
  • pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    Sarnian wrote:
    Morning, been up must the night thanks to our deranged old cat (19 years old) so did not get up for my morning ride, now I'm I little on the grumpy side.
    19 year old pussy keeping you up all night? Doesnt sound too bad

Morning cnuts

There's the tiniest little noise on my bike, like almost non-existent, but every now and again I hear it - so annoying. Today I will be computering and then going to check what the little dirt monkeys have built for us. They better not have fcked it up.

Taters
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Morning all,

more talk about the eventual possble redundency situation at work, all good fun. flat is almost all set up importantly the old school dreamcast is in place on the big tv so it looks terrible but awesome fun :P

today free food and first night of not really needing to do anything for moving into the flat, bit bizare not sure what to do with myself as i cant ride at hte moment.

laterz
  • pesky_jones
    flat is almost all set up importantly the old school dreamcast is in place on the big tv so it looks terrible but awesome fun :P

What games have you got? All about Soul Calibur and Dead or Alive
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    not many.

Marvel vs capcom want the second one though and ready to rumble boxing 2 amazing. games you can just pick up for 5 minutes smash and put down the way a console should be.

god im a geek
  • pesky_jones
    Unless it's crash bandicoot three on the ps1 - play that for hours.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,172
    :lol:

@Mule - did they give you a choice of colour on your pot? I got to pick from one of those things that looks like a Dulux paint catalogue. Seems to be the NHS idea of customer service :roll:

@Waylander - Bah, I've got a SEGA Megadrive in the loft (c. 1993) with the original Sonic game and Ayrton Senna's Monado GP. Still works, ace fun.

Afternoon peeps,

Lots of work, meetings and coffee on today. And I'm knackered - pedalling too much doesn't help me sleep so it seems. No idea why but WTF I'll have a beer tonight that should do the trick.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo 666 wrote:
    @Mule - did they give you a choice of colour on your pot? I got to pick from one of those things that looks like a Dulux paint catalogue. Seems to be the NHS idea of customer service :roll:
    Yup. I wanted a neon green/yellow but they only had regular green and yellow. I quite like the baby blue though :)
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • MissCMC
    MissCMC Posts: 545
    Work started with a pedicure today so that was good. Nearly half way through the working week which makes things much much better already. And after today only 5 more days in work until I am off to help bridezilla set up the wedding. Checking the long forecast and the weather looks ok for the end of next week.

Just eaten the most enormous piece of rocky road cake and now I feel a bit ill.
    Sarcasm: Because punching someone in the face is illegal.
  • pesky_jones
    MissCMC wrote:
    Work started with a pedicure today so that was good. Nearly half way through the working week which makes things much much better already. And after today only 5 more days in work until I am off to help bridezilla set up the wedding. Checking the long forecast and the weather looks ok for the end of next week.

Just eaten the most enormous piece of rocky road cake and now I feel a bit ill.

You must have your minions on lock. Got any spare?
  • MissCMC
    Sorry no. I don't give away minions that useful.

On a bright note too tickets just booked for Frank Turner in Cardiff for February next year! WOOO buying my own birthday treat already! :)
  • welshkev
    MissCMC wrote:

On a bright note too tickets just booked for Frank Turner in Cardiff for February next year! WOOO buying my own birthday treat already! :)

how have you got tickets already? I didn't think they went on sale til Friday? :?
  • MissCMC
    Yes! O2 priority presale. :D
  • ste_t
    ste_t Posts: 1,599
    Meh,

8 days after ordering my new bb at leisure lakes, which was getting posted the same day, I have just had confirmation that it has now been posted.

Just a shame that the message came through as I was on my way from Evans, where I had just purchased the required bb, to my lbs to have it fitted.

Riding for me tomorrow, am thinking a couple of laps at Cannock if anyone fancies it
  • welshkev
    MissCMC wrote:
    Yes! O2 priority presale. :D

Jammy cow, get me some please ;)
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Yup. I wanted a neon green/yellow but they only had regular green and yellow. I quite like the baby blue though :)
    I did think about something neon coloured on my hand cast last but then thought I didn't want to advertise the fact that I was a semi-spakker while around London so went for mid-blue :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • :lol: I'm proud of my semi-spakkerishness! People are kind of interested and not surprised when I said I did it during Judo, but I'm fed up of telling the story! Every single taxi I get in, each person at work, each member of the family. I feel I should print it and just hand them the story on a piece of paper!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • Sarnian
    Sarnian wrote:

Morning cnuts

There's the tiniest little noise on my bike, like almost non-existent, but every now and again I hear it - so annoying. Today I will be computering and then going to check what the little dirt monkeys have built for us. They better not have fcked it up.

Taters

If only it was that kind off pussy, beleave me if it was I would not be posting on here first thing in the morning :D
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    evening twastards

due to the variety in my job,this morning i mumbled sh1t about a search facility on a database! Emptied two fruit machines to bank the takings, played a round of golf and finished with some ceremonial duty that is frankly a waste of time! i basically get paid to mince about!

toodle pip lovers!
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • Sarnian
    bg13 wrote:
    evening twastards

due to the variety in my job,this morning i mumbled sh1t about a search facility on a database! Emptied two fruit machines to bank the takings, played a round of golf and finished with some ceremonial duty that is frankly a waste of time! i basically get paid to mince about!

toodle pip lovers!

That's one hell of a diverse job you got there
  • Stevo_666
    :lol: I'm proud of my semi-spakkerishness! People are kind of interested and not surprised when I said I did it during Judo, but I'm fed up of telling the story! Every single taxi I get in, each person at work, each member of the family. I feel I should print it and just hand them the story on a piece of paper!
    Yep, everyone wanted to know about mine as well even if it was only my hand. Suppose saying I did it downhilling added a faint air of manliness to my story.

Anyhow, I sympathise. Like you I broke something that I use to walk with :P
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    :lol: I'm proud of my semi-spakkerishness! People are kind of interested and not surprised when I said I did it during Judo, but I'm fed up of telling the story! Every single taxi I get in, each person at work, each member of the family. I feel I should print it and just hand them the story on a piece of paper!
    Yep, everyone wanted to know about mine as well even if it was only my hand. Suppose saying I did it downhilling added a faint air of manliness to my story.

Anyhow, I sympathise. Like you I broke something that I use to walk with :P

:lol:

Better than having to tell people you broke an ankle playing tennis :roll:
  • MissCMC
    Or that you broke your foot jumping off a tractor but after a week of being in plaster they decided 'Oh no actually you haven't broken the bones just everything that holds them in place, sorry for the inconvenience.' I got sick of telling that story.

And Welshkev what's it worth? I have two...
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    Slightly late for the Wednesday thread, but as I haven't been to bed - the rules stipulate this is where I post!

Another hard day in the saddle with 141 miles - but cunningly as thae last part ended up in my local - I got very H'd. Stevo666 - thank you, very generous and much appreciated